Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are ther any aftermarket compressor wheels available for the lb7 ihi turbo or it ther anything that can be done to make it preform better i want to do a different turbo but dont have the cash to throw into a turbo so i nead a cheap upgraid i already have a down pipe and the intake hor mod done

·
Registered
662 Posts
do a search for "IHI compressor wheel" in the search bar. There are some existing threads already

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
honestly, in my opinion, i dont think any of the wheel upgrades, billet or batmo, are worth the money or the pita to install them. I was just reading about a guy who put one on an lmm and it actually made his truck run slower. he said it did make it drive better tho. so i would save your 400 bucks and put it towards a turbo

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'd tend to agree. If you want a cheap upgrade Save up for a little and you can get an HTT or II turbo fairly cheap.
Just my $0.02

Yellowchevy

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
every turbo i have found has bene around 3000 and i really dont want to spend that much on it rite now and i have to do something my turbo has alot of play does any one have a stock turbo for sale i cant spent much seeing as to how i just put injectors in the truck do to the old ones going out

·
Registered
789 Posts
every turbo i have found has bene around 3000 and i really dont want to spend that much on it rite now and i have to do something my turbo has alot of play does any one have a stock turbo for sale i cant spent much seeing as to how i just put injectors in the truck do to the old ones going out
Not sure how much it is to rebuild a turbo for 1 of these trucks, but the kits i have installed on semi trucks and tractors are under $100. And only takes 2 hours at the most to rebuild. So might want to talk to your local diesel shop if you just want to save money and not worry about blowing a turbo/motor

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
I've heard about a turbo shop around my town clipping the wheel, pitching it at an angle or something, and taking weight off the housing somehow... Not sure how he does it though exactly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts