Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2002 chevy lb7 won't go over 30 mph and 2000 rpm. Scanned it said it was the fuel pressure sensor put one in still did it. Then th other problem that causes this is the neutral saftey switch which i needed one anyways put one if those in still didn't fix the problem. The fuel filter is fine and cleaned the air filter. I have no codes in the truck it's been scanned 3 times and the fuel pressure is at 40lbs and the neutral saftey switch is adjusted wright. The truck shifts fine threw first gear but since it won't go over 30 i have to let off for it to shift the rest of them. It's a fuel problem. Any ideas im all out of them ??

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Change the fuel filter-!

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Moved to LB7

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Change fuel filter, is the turbo spooling up or building boost? A truck with a blown turbo won't break the 30mph

·
Registered
235 Posts
Most likely stopped up fuel filter. If you can mat and the turbo screams but nothing else, prolly fuel filter.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok now im all out of options and pretty mad. Ive put a new fuel pressure sensor in neutral saftey switch and just got done today putting in a new fuel pressure regulator. Now im all out of options have a ton of money that im like throwing away in parts cause it's not fixin it. My only thoughts is the fuel pump is clogged or the cp3 but ive replaced the cp3 2 years ago. Any hthought's would be great before i go dumping more money into it ??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts