Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 lb7 truck has been in the shop for 2 months new injection pump installed worked fine for a week back to the shop on trailer. Now after spending all that money it will not fire back up. Got it started finally now truck smokes excessively at take off and when driving. It never did this before doesnt miss no white smoke.. Could it be the injectors, not sure if they were replaced before i got the truck or what.:help

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
do the paper towel test drop some oil of the dipstick on paper towel if two distinct ring show up injectors is most likely the cause...it shows there is diesel in there...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no fuel in the oil. will start on a shot of ether yea i kno its bad but i was stuck. primer bulb doesnt seem to be hard at all after you pump it think it could be the primer?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oo and the excessive smoke was the damn hose that come off the intercool. but truck still wont start :/

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
if having issues with primer it could have a crack in the fuel filter housing...ether is a no no on these trucks guy on here just recently had his engine trashed cuz of it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts