Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is EFI live the best for the ZF-6, and does anyone have a good tune for the lb7. What other programmers will put me up there with the allison.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
THe Van Aken box has produced good results on lb7 zf trucks as well as the ppe hot et programer. EFI is the best way to go IMO For any of the trucks! IF you get efi, i have some good tunes but kicking the power up on the stock flywheel will kill it in 1 drive if driven to hard with lots of power!

·
3,162 Posts
Some guys have dynoed 500 on just a ppe or a va with a lb7, but only some not many. On the same dyno i made 414hp with a ppe hot et and 459 with efi. Actuall hp #'s depend on the truck and dyno. Those #'s both being made on the same dyno shows the difference! But the efi can make much smoother and more driveable!

·
3,162 Posts
Im still using v1, i like things the way they are the v2 has the capabiliteis to tune the 06+ trucks and gives you a handhelds tuner that you load your tunes into from your computer and then you can carry it around with you instead of your laptop and it will work just like a regular handheld tuner!

·
Registered
484 Posts
I should get my V2 out and see if I can get it to work for Saturday Caleb.

The coolest thing about EFI is that you can tailor anyone's tunes to suit your driving habits!

·
Registered
484 Posts
EFI Live is computer based tuning software, it is available from quite a few different diesel shops. I'm not sure how many of our supporting vendors here carry it, but I do know for sure that Discount Power Parts is one of them.

·
Registered
172 Posts
gotcha......just trying to figure things out now...becaues come spring time im gonna want to chip my truck but have something reliable for work everyday.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i have a ppe on my 05 lly but i'm looking at upgrading to the efi live,i hear great results.ps if i would do it over i would skip the ppe and take the efi live

1 - 16 of 16 Posts