Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I have an 06 lbz I found out last week I have a boost leak guy at the shop gave me a price to fix it. But he mentioned the turbo could be bad!!

So what I was thinking is about getting another turbo in advance so I'm not in shock when he tells me it's bad. I found a stock turbo with a batmowheel already in it pretty cheap around $500..

Would it be worth it to just go ahead and get my hands on it while I can?? (Before it gets sold)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And on my up pipe the riser for the egr cooler is busted. And I got a boost leak where the boost tube is because of the egr delete so I was wondering how hard is it to do all the work myself and just get an exhaust shop to weld the riser on the up pipe

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Okay so I have an 06 lbz I found out last week I have a boost leak guy at the shop gave me a price to fix it. But he mentioned the turbo could be bad!!

So what I was thinking is about getting another turbo in advance so I'm not in shock when he tells me it's bad. I found a stock turbo with a batmowheel already in it pretty cheap around $500..

Would it be worth it to just go ahead and get my hands on it while I can?? (Before it gets sold)
How do you know your turbo is bad. have you been getting codes?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know yet. Until the shop looks at it but I been thinking about doing it myself? Any idea how hard it is to get to

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Fix your boost & drive pressure leaks before you swap turbos. And the repairs aren't that bad.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fix your boost & drive pressure leaks before you swap turbos. And the repairs aren't that bad.
yea i get what your saying how hard is it to remove and replace Ybridge and boost tube?? New to the duramax as you can tell

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
The y-bridge is kinda a pain but definitely not impossible. Boost tube is simple, 2 clamps. Do some searching here & you'll find step by step instructions to help you out

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The y-bridge is kinda a pain but definitely not impossible. Boost tube is simple, 2 clamps. Do some searching here & you'll find step by step instructions to help you out

Okay man thanks what you think I should type in the search bar

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.