Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Chevy LML 2500 4x4 bone stock CCLB summit white, air ride on board air, b&w gneck hitch
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy bent his driveshaft the other day tryin to pull his deuce and a half. He wants to know what type of driveline to replace it with. His has the same upgrades as me, pretty much same truck as me. Any input is appreciated. He has a heavy right foot also. :gearjamin

·
Registered
2016 Chevy LML 2500 4x4 bone stock CCLB summit white, air ride on board air, b&w gneck hitch
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
I would personally say consult a local shop and have a steel unit made. Should be pretty cheap.

Kinda hoping newtomegmc chimes in as it's his area of expertise and has helped quite a bit of us better understand the dynamics of what to do and not do when it comes to drive shafts.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That would b nice if he would chime n. But steel is the way to go?

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Steel is the way to go if cost is of any factor to you... lol

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cost is not a factor. Sry. Shoulda put that n the OP

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bump

·
Registered
521 Posts
Wouldn't a good set of traction bars fix the problem?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hit up a local driveshaft shop and ask the owner for their opinion. My suggestion would be to look into chromoly or a non-hollow heavy wall aluminum

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok sounds good rescue man

R u sayin reactions bars would prevent the problem from happening again? Oleblacky

·
Registered
521 Posts
Ok sounds good rescue man

R u sayin reactions bars would prevent the problem from happening again? Oleblacky
Yes, I meant put a stock drive shaft back in and then put you some traction bars on. Performance is awesome with the bars on + just knowing your taking the pressure off everything else.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.