Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello
I just purchased a 07 GMC Sierra 2500 147K that has been sitting for weeks. It wouldn't start for the transport guy but I got it to start after the 3rd attempt. Each time I would crank a short while (didn't want to overheat the starter) and the 3rd time it caught. After that it started fine but codes for the cyl 3 and 5 glow plug came on and code P0087 for fuel rail low pressure. I cleared them and drove for about 15 minutes and only P0087 came back on. It seemed to drive fine around town and when I accelerated hard to get on highway the exhaust blew some black smoke. I am new to duramaxes and see they have many sources of leaks and some say a need for a lift pump. Where should I start with this one.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,380 Posts
^^^x2 - that's where to start.
Then, maybe a fuel head rebuild kit.
Get the one from Merchant with fuel hose - $40.00 or so.

·
Registered
6,230 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There wasn't a picture or description of this part on the website. Can you tell me what it is and it's purpose?

Thanks
Brand new with filter....$109.00 and has the Racor filter, depending on age and usage sometimes a rebuild just-does-not work.....adding a lift pump may just mask the problem only to resurface later

[PFF4245R2-02]Racor FF/WS ASSEMBLY, HEATED-PARFIT

Going to be tough diagnosis as their is a whole shitload of things in the fuel system that could be going south on these aging trucks...

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/diy-tech-discussion/63780-found-fix-p0087-when-under-load.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.