Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some questions regarding the swap out of an LLY to LBZ, and the swap of a 5 spd. to a 6spd. tranny. I know that the pcm has to be programmed to the LBZ and the tcm has to be changed. The LBZ is a, I think a cad program and the LLY is OBDII port. Is there a way around this? I guess my question is, is it worth all the trouble? I'm currently running about 575-610hp and about 850 torque.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
from what the high hp LBZ guys are saying your lots better off with the LB7 or LLY for that kinda hp seeing the LBZ pistons are blowing any thing over 600rwhp..question,what al did you do to your LLY to make that kinda HP?for the 5/sp to 6/sp conversion tranny go to Sun Coast http://www.suncoastconverters.com/gmc/gm_products.html

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use the same programmer you use. PPE Ive made a couple curves in the perameters. Rememeber to the crank. However i am emberassing mustangs. I have lots of miles of exp. with these programs. The longer you leave the program without making absolutely no changes all the comp. synchronize. Iwas doing about 700 miles a week for a year. running a hot prog. on the highway my mpg was about 17 at 105mph 2 hrs. solid egts 800.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i was just gonna say 600isrwhp is kinda high unless you did some major hp enhancements...the ppe tuners are the best i found for mileage and simple controls(it's easy for an average joe to tune)thats kinda fast for around here but here awhile back i drove from Kansas City to OH and PA line in 12hrs and my average speed was 85mph and still was getting 18mpg..i love racing stangs,camaros but the best are the Hemis because they think their the fastest around...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
very true. between 80-110 mph it feels like a dirt bike. I've even raced a 750 bmw and porsch on the highway and had to back off. Do you have the turbo knob?

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i'm runnin the 90hp tune when towing and the 350hp tune when regular driving but the stock tranny will give up the ghost if this is done to long but i plan on a stage IV this winter so i'm not worried if it hurts the tranny a little..with the higher tunes such as 100hp and up you have to keep the WOT to a minimum in the higher gears or else Kaboooooom..i don't have the boost controller but i plan on getting one but i have other stuff higher on the list that comes first..

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry for the lengthy response. Was on vacation with the family and friends on a cruise. It was ok. I highly recommend the controller. It makes a world of diff. Its very sensitive. I think this whats kept me from hitting limp so much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts