Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard or done this. I have been told, if you put the lbz cp3 on the lly(get rid of the lly cp3) it will have about a 10% increase in fuel flow. I have a good deal on one and was wanting to know if it is worth it or not.

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
See, I heard that LB7 pumps were the best...

hopefully someone will set us straight.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Idn I was just told that by the guy who I get most of my parts from. He owns the orange crush if you have heard of that

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
My understanding is that the pumps on the LBZ and up were a little better than those on the LB7 and LLY. My LB7 CP3 is bad.

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
John @ kennedydiesel.com said:
take it for what it's worth, but I've always been steered to the LB7 pump as the better unit.
is where I got my thought from.

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
the lbz and up engine's cp3 pump flow 15% more fuel than those in the lb7 and lly's

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
would you really feel a diff? i mean i could see maybe it solving th low pressure code

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea I feel the same way about it. I can turn my ppe on level 10 and not have the low pressure code though. I mean for tuning is it worth it since I am going to efi live soon.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I was told with my cp3 I would have no probs hitting 600-650 with twins. So I guess it's how far you plan on going. You can mod ours or lb7 ther is a diy on here for it I believe

·
Registered
1,486 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
so if ur lly pump went out its worth to just throw a lbz in there?

·
Vendor
3,528 Posts
I've got an LBZ pump on my LB7, the LBZ's see 26,000 rail psi vs 23,000 for LLY/LB7's so they flow a little more to keep up. It helps but not worth it unless you're maxing the LLY CP3 out, it'd also be a good idea to mod the regulator and rear cover.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Hell i have efi and running a hot tune and its not throwing and pressure codes, i have a lilly

·
Registered
587 Posts
how do you bypass the pump to run a airdog 150?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Close, but thats a cummins pump.
Quoting nwtdiesel and DMAX15
You can put a LBZ/LMM triangle regulator in a LB7. This kind of mod will help the Dmax pump flow 15%-20% more. Its nothing like the II 43% modded CP3. This DIY mod will help you gain a little more power and help you hold more rail PSI.

This mod IS NOT necassary unless you are losing rail psi from a very large EFI tune or possibly a PPE Hot tune. If your not losing rail PSI dont bother doing this mod.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts