Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys I just got done installing my 3" MBRP down pipe on my '06 LBZ. I'll start by saying I expected it to be a lot worse than it actually was based on some of the horror stories I've read on here about this installation! Me and a buddy of mine started at about 8:30 this morning and we were done by 12:30. We didn't rush ourselves at all either we took our time and did it right! Overall I'd say the hardest part of the installation is definantly getting the old downpipe/heatshield out and getting the transmission dipstick back in. I'd say anyone with moderate mechanical knowledge and a pretty basic set of tools can do this install with enough time but I would definantly say you need a second person helping you! I just took it down the road for a test drive and was very impressed with the sound. The rumble at idle seems much deeper and there's no more owl screech at wide open throttle! I didn't get any good pictures cause I got too caught up in the installation to stop and think about it but like I said earlier it's pretty simple. Glad I got it done but wouldn't wanna do another one for a while! :thumb

·
Registered
30 Posts
Got one sitting in my parts collection in the garage waiting to be installed. Glad to hear it was worth it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.