Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a dsp5 switch from you guys about a month ago for my LBZ. When I ordered the switch it only gave me an option to order either one for an lmm or one for a lly/LBZ/lmm. So ordered of course the one that was said to be for an LBZ. I get the switch and notice it has circular pins for for the wiring harness. It it is my understanding the LBZ's are suppose to have square pins for the wiring harness.

Is this suppose to work, was i sent the wrong switch, or what? I'm trying to get this figured out because I'm suppose to have my EFI live installed this upcoming week and need to figure out my I switch issue.

Any info would greatly be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
They should be square shaped for the LBZ. Who did you order it from?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Switch

I got it from duramaxtuner, but on their site unless I read it wrong it has the same switch for LLY/LBZ/LMM trucks and separate for LB7. I sent them an email so we'll see. :cookoo[1]:

No hard feelings, just finally get to do EFI live and I run into this, switch already installed everything...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Relief at last...

The LLY small round pins work fine in the LBZ harness. They go in easy. The signal is pin 46 and the ground is pin 54 IIRC.
So that switch I have will work just fine?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright, spoke with duramaxtuner this morning and Nick told me the round pins work just fine. He said that some people we're having problems with the square pins locking into place when people would accidentally install them in the wrong slots.

Thanks for the help again guys.

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
circle pins are full of win.

they work just fine on lly-lmm motors and like stated above, if you put them into the wrong hole can remove them without any problems

1 - 9 of 9 Posts