Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
111 Posts
i have a question for all of you if i have the egr block plate on my lbz i will lose power ???
and also i have the edge juice with att that can clear the code but if i clear it then shut my truck off then go to start it again it throws a code again so i set it to disable all engine codes but this could be bad . killerbee what do u do about that ?
No the blocker plate will not cause a loss in power. If you are losing power then theres gotta be another issue. Yea you definately dont want to disable all codes. You need to buy a fingerstick. Kennedy Diesel sells them and they arent too dificult to wire in. I was sick of clearing the codes every time I started the truck so I put the fingerstick in and no more EGR codes. That or EFI live can completely turn off the EGR system, I think thats the only one that can do that.

· Registered
111 Posts
Ya I think fingerstick is the best bet if you dont have or dont plan on EFI live. As far as PCV I think its a good idea. Something Id like to eventually do someday but nothing extremely crucial to be done. I definately think blocking the EGR is more beneficial and more crucial. I havent fully researched PCV reroute but it couldnt hurt.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.