Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a PPE Xcelerator and EGR blockoff with the module (fingerstick). After talking to some friends and local dealer mechanics, they said the blockoff will raise the exhaust temp and reduce power.

I find this confusing since the guy at PPE said it will reduce EGR's. Can someone with some expertise clarify this for me. Thanks.

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. The Pyrometer is on my list. I'd like to get the piller mount but the ones I've seen don't offer a single gauge. The one's I've seen are 2 or 3 holers.

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've decided against installing the PPE EGR blockoff plate and fingerstick. If anyone is considering one, make me a reasonable offer.

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know for sure but I would guess not since the box is marked LBZ. Maybe someone here would know.:confused:

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That is not correct.

Both the plate and the electronics are different for the pre-2006 LLY and the 2006+ LLY and LBZ. If you bought from PPE, it is not an original Fingerstick, so who knows, the code blocker might work, but the plate will not, they are physically different dimensions.

The PPE site gives the option to pick pre and post 2006, so I would suspect their code blocker is also not one-size-fits-all.

Thanks, good to know. I don't know why they have it listed together unless it's to save ad space. I specifically ordered this one for my LBZ.

Thanks again :rockin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.