Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a LBZ and doing research on doing the EGR delete on it. What does everyone think about the Sinister Kit?

·
Registered
7,754 Posts
Garbage!!! Go with Hsp, sdp, or wcfab

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: OROSA

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I just put an SDP on mine. It fit perfect. I've heard of some kits causing the elbow to blow out of the y bridge. With pipes like SDP and HSP, you won't have to worry about that.

·
Former GM Tech and parts
2,905 Posts
Big fat NO on the Sinister kit. Go with a quality kit from SDP or RDL or other supporting vendors here.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
I've had one on my truck for several years now with no issues. However, I do wish I had done a complete Y bridge kit, like brock said, from SDP, HSP, WCfab etc

·
Registered
7,754 Posts
Yea add Profab to that list as well

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
I like my Sinister kit, I've had it 3 1/2 years no issues.
With Sinister you'll retain the stock look, grid heater, way easier install.

The other kits mentioned you'll be changing everything including removing/buying the up-pipe that's blocked off.
On the link you provided that's a additional $239 on top of the price of the kit, this is something that's really never mentioned until you pull the trigger to buy.
You have to either weld the opening closed or buy another up pipe, no matter which way you'll have more labor involved.

If I was building a racer, then I might go that way, but I didn't.

If you decide on Sinister DO NOT BUY the knock off copy cats for less $$$.
Stick with the real thing.
When Sinister first came out they had problems with the stock up-pipe block off plate.
They re-designed this several years ago, before I bought mine.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
The complete y bridge goes between the heads, in the valley, more labor to install, but holds up to higher boost pressure that tuned trucks see

·
Registered
2,755 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Im looking at the HSP Intercooler CHarge Pipe Bundl;e kit. Is this going to give my truck the "weight loss surgery" Im looking for? Thank you

·
Former GM Tech and parts
2,905 Posts
Im looking at the HSP Intercooler CHarge Pipe Bundl;e kit. Is this going to give my truck the "weight loss surgery" Im looking for? Thank you
Holy old thread batman. Yes, it looks like that should take care of the underhood weight loss, other than the up pipe

·
Former GM Tech and parts
2,905 Posts
LB7 up pipe

Reactions: Skipper1218
1 - 16 of 16 Posts