Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased the 2007 Crew Cab in my signature. I didn't notice until after the purchase but the EGT's seem to run higher than my 2008 Duramax with Idaho Rob's tuning. Also, my boost seems to be lower than it should, but I'm not sure if that is in the tuning or not. Is the Anarchy tuning good? It is definitely not what I was used to with Idaho Robs tuning. I have researched my problem and cannot come up with any solid answer, so I was going to see if I could get some help. Bare with me because I have not put any of these upgrades on the vehicle, and I do not know what the HP levels are on the DSP5 switch. Everything was done by the previous owner.

These codes keep coming up, but i don't think they are related to these problems.
U1000 - This code generally comes up after the first crank of the day and stays gone after clearing it.
P0621- This code is a little more sporadic, but only comes up on first crank of the day when it does come up.

Problem #1
EGTs run 950ish @ 75mph cruising down the highway. Fuel PSI at 13.3-13.5.
EGTs run 1150-1200 pulling an empty utility trailer and i have trouble keeping it under 1300 when accelerating with this same trailer.
This happens in every position on the DSP5 switch. I am reading the EGTs on a Bully Dog Watchdog monitor with the probe in the manifold.
I know it can sustain 1300 all day long but it shouldn't be that high with a 1700lbs utility trailer.

Problem #2
Crusing at 75mph the boost is 3-4 PSI. Fuel PSI at 13.3-13.5.
When I go wide open throttle on 1-4 DSP5 positions the boost maxes out around 15 PSI. Every now and then I can get 16 PSI. On position 5 it will run 19-20 PSI at wide open throttle and blow black smoke like crazy.
From a stand still it does not start building any boost until the RPMs are around 1600. I feel like this is probably normal, but I wanted to share the info just in case.
I am thinking this might be a tuning issue? I have read where i should be getting 28ish PSI at wide open throttle.

Misc info that might help.
The AFE intake system is open to the engine bay. I am going to order a S&B intake, but i was wanting to get this problem figured out before i do. With that being said the filter is in need of replacing but i was waiting to order the different intake system.
Oil, oil filter, fuel filter have all been recently replaced.
Fuel mileage has dropped off a couple miles per gallon, but i am driving shorter distance to and from work.

The truck seems to have power but i have to back out of the throttle due to the EGTs. Any help with this would be great. I plan on pressure testing the charge air system when i get a chance, but I wanted to see what kind of feedback ya'll would have. I am hoping this is not a turbo issue.

·
Registered
2007 classic silverado
58 Posts
My LBZ cruising at 70-75 mph on flat ground unloaded is around 7-9psi. I think you might have a boost leak which might explain the high egt's as well.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My LBZ cruising at 70-75 mph on flat ground unloaded is around 7-9psi. I think you might have a boost leak which might explain the high egt's as well.
Thanks for the info. I really hope that is all it is.

·
Premium Member
2,275 Posts
Get that intake system breathing air from outside! That under hood heat is KILLING you.

Check for boost leaks while your there.

Make sure the MAF and MAP sensors are all dirtied up.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well it’s not an obvious boost leak. I built a tester and pressured it up to 30psi. Could I have something wrong with the vane position sensor or solenoid? Any other things I could check?

I ordered an S&B intake but it was on back order and won’t ship until the 14th.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts