Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 classic lbz that i want to build the motor on. Right now I am just trying to figure out what all brakes and what mods people recomend for a dd truck. I had a diesel shop in Salt Lake City Utah quote me $17900 for a built long block. I dont have that kind of cash under my mattress so any advice would be great!:drink

·
Registered
21 Posts
My friend blow his lbz and they bored it out it's just a amazing motor now dont think it was much over. 10,000 grand. What are u looking to do?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
813 Posts
I think budget builds are around 8-10. LBZ pistons are the weak point. They are also hit and miss on when they give out. Some on stock tune, some on 725 hp. Just depends. If your truck is stock then I'd look into a trans before a motor build.

What are your goals with your truck?

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
it all depends how far you wanna go. could be 3k could be 15k+ all depends what your plans are.

i would start with trans and maybe a different charger

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
I have a 2007 classic lbz that i want to build the motor on. Right now I am just trying to figure out what all brakes and what mods people recomend for a dd truck. I had a diesel shop in Salt Lake City Utah quote me $17900 for a built long block. I dont have that kind of cash under my mattress so any advice would be great!:drink

If you want a nice mild motor build I can send you over a price list.:gearjamin

·
Registered
302 Posts
If you want a nice mild motor build I can send you over a price list.:gearjamin
send me one too while youre at it please. im very interested.....

·
Registered
26 Posts
the main question is what are your goals? thats the big difference in the price tag

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I wonder how many people that talk about engine builds actually end up getting one.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've been running 450 to the wheels for a year and a half with my lbz and had zero tran problems drop a edge ct evolution in there mod your air boxs it give good fun power

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
302 Posts
i have been looking into a bigger "workstock" turbo for sled pulling for a while and just need to do whatever supporting mods to make it work and not blow my motor apart

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I Have a built trans. Correction I would have a built trans if i would get off my butt and re install it! It is a Suncoast Gmax six with converter. Built with the help of a friend. My goal on an engine build is to put 650hp to the ground and still be able to drive it to North Dakota for work with no worries!

·
Registered
65 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Also everyone else should have there pm's

·
Registered
288 Posts
Ruffneck 85 if thats your truck in your avatar you better invest in some new shocks! ha ha
Sick picture man!

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Henry, u mind sending me a price list also? And to the op, I started a thread on duramaxdiesels about engine builds if u want to look at it. Lots of good info from guys who have real world experience with building a motor, including the hidden costs of machine work and all the little stuff some people overlook.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
The pm you sent me on DD, is that about the same thing you have been sending these guys for the parts? I know I need studs and top end gaskets and stuff too

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Henry, u mind sending me a price list also? And to the op, I started a thread on duramaxdiesels about engine builds if u want to look at it. Lots of good info from guys who have real world experience with building a motor, including the hidden costs of machine work and all the little stuff some people overlook.

Pm sent with 2 price list budget list and puller/ racer list with machine shop rough cost

·
Registered
415 Posts
Pm sent with 2 price list budget list and puller/ racer list with machine shop rough cost

Can I get the budget build list for some ideas? Just want a fun powerful daily driver and some occasional mud and towing. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
if ur going to be pulling sleds look into getting rid of the aluminum drive shaft if ur truck has one.. seen to many friends rip it in half pulling sleds

1 - 20 of 25 Posts