Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a few guys talk to me about making a true 4" tube for the LBZ mouthpiece on the LLY with the Banks intake kit.

I think if we could get 10 of you that wanted them that I could do them powder coated for around $159. These people would need to put down a deposit.

I would also need one person to give me some dimensions and test the first part. Can I get 11 people to do this?

·
Registered
415 Posts
They are made of steel and are powder coated wont that make heat and the moisture of the incoming air will rust the inside of the pipe If you powder coat the inside you take the risk of it flaking off and going into your turbo just my 2 cents Rick makes good stuff and i run his up pipes and y-bridge

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are made of steel and are powder coated wont that make heat and the moisture of the incoming air will rust the inside of the pipe If you powder coat the inside you take the risk of it flaking off and going into your turbo just my 2 cents Rick makes good stuff and i run his up pipes and y-bridge
Actually, I've never posted what I was going to make them out of. ;)

But no. All major manufacturers have been using steel for intake tubes and air cleaner housings for years.

·
Registered
415 Posts

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
No offense bro but Rick is a paying vendor here. Plus he's been nice enough in the past to help me out with some stuff. So that's where I plan on taking my business if such a part becomes available through him. If he decides he doesn't wish to persure making this part due to lack of interest or whatever I will be more then happy to look at your part

·
Registered
415 Posts
i just made one for my truck not trying to sell you anything just wanted to show you want i did and it does work thats all just trying to help and show you it can be done

1 - 9 of 9 Posts