Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a locking tailgate handle for a classic body style LBZ. I have found the following options.

1. Pop and Lock - (appears to be a lock mechanism you add to the existing bezel)
2. Pace Edwards - (not sure how it works, but comes with an actuator)
3. Bully Lock - (appears to come with a replacment bezel w/ key hole in bezel center, but not sure how it works)

I would prefer to have a lock that utilizes the stock ignition key (if possible). I also want the tailgate handle to lift up when locked, but not open the tailgate. I believe the pop and lock style locks simply bind the handle from lifting which seems like it could break if someone applied upwards force.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
490 Posts
The tailgate handle on my Avalanche was just like you want. Too bad the bezels are different.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Subbed
I'd also like one.
I'm not so much worried about the factory key, but about looks. Don't like the pop and lock style for looks

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Subbed
I'd also like one.
I'm not so much worried about the factory key, but about looks. Don't like the pop and lock style for looks
Agreed. I don't care for look of the pop & lock. There has to be other options out there.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I have a bully on my truck and I like it. It keeps the handle from lifting by blocking arms that pull the release. Nothing is going to stop a thief if they want something bad enough.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a bully on my truck and I like it. It keeps the handle from lifting by blocking arms that pull the release. Nothing is going to stop a thief if they want something bad enough.
What comes with the bully kit....(handle bezel, lock mechanism and key)? What's the total cost?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Amazon has them for $15-25. Have one on my truck and my dad's and like them both. Two keys and the number to get them recut.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I had the pop lock on my old 2002 gmc, not attractive but will do the job very effectively, easier to break a window on the truck cap than open that tailgate when locked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts