Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2006 lbz with 284k miles on it went into limp mode after driving it a little aggressive. Code p0087 (low fuel pressure) we hooked my cousins scanner up to it after limp mode reset and drove it pretty hard and it had the correct amount of psi and didn’t go into limp mode. This has happened once like 2 months before trying to get a good 0-60. Truck is fairly quick but isn’t really built for all I know. Not sure if this is really relevant but the hotter it gets the more coal it rolls, it’s never been past 210 degrees that’s the hottest it runs. I did a little research online and heard it could be a bad injector pump, injectors or fuel pressure relief valve, I really don’t know what to think, just curious if anyone has a similar problem.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
My 2006 lbz with 284k miles on it went into limp mode after driving it a little aggressive. Code p0087 (low fuel pressure) we hooked my cousins scanner up to it after limp mode reset and drove it pretty hard and it had the correct amount of psi and didn’t go into limp mode. This has happened once like 2 months before trying to get a good 0-60. Truck is fairly quick but isn’t really built for all I know. Not sure if this is really relevant but the hotter it gets the more coal it rolls, it’s never been past 210 degrees that’s the hottest it runs. I did a little research online and heard it could be a bad injector pump, injectors or fuel pressure relief valve, I really don’t know what to think, just curious if anyone has a similar problem.
210, on the factory coolant temp gauge, is much closer to 220-225.

Sounds like it needs injectors.

·
Super Moderator
980 Posts
First things first, check the injector balance rates both at idle and while driving. If the rates are acceptable, then look at shimming the FPRV and adding a lift pump.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts