Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to start planning to build the motor on my LBZ as piston 6 cracked. Current Mods are built trans, 4094 Stage 2, lift pump, fully deleted etc... Sending my injectors out this to be flow tested and see if they are all still good. I know the block will need to be bored out because its most likely scored the block. My knowledge on built motors is next to nil besides what I've read the past two weeks on here and a couple other forums. Looking for a good list of what to go after to support a hopefully reliable build to push 650-700hp and budget parts to 10k. Figured with black friday coming up maybe id get lucky with some discounts lol.... If any vendors have any kits they sell feel free to PM prices.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Change of plans, Ran across an stock LBZ motor for cheap and picking it up this week.

So my new question becomes, while i swap everything from my motor to the new one anything i should do while I'm there? Already have everything deleted, hot side/cold side pipes, sending my turbo out to be upgraded to the 68mm stg2r, down pipe is already on the replacement motor.

·
Registered
67 Posts
If I had reason to pull my motor don't think I could put it back without the following mods:
Head & Main studs
Keyed crank
Rods & pistons
Larger injectors
10mm stroker
Danville 68mm Stg2R

I don't have any desire for huge HP numbers but a solidly built motor in the 750 hp range would be fun.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I had reason to pull my motor don't think I could put it back without the following mods:
Head & Main studs
Keyed crank
Rods & pistons
Larger injectors
10mm stroker
Danville 68mm Stg2R

I don't have any desire for huge HP numbers but a solidly built motor in the 750 hp range would be fun.
It was either a stock motor or i was looking at a built motor for around 12k of course more HP is desirable but also getting the truck back on the road for a reasonable price is also lol.... What kind of money would that run for a keyed crank and larger rods and pistons? For a keyed crank id need to find a machine shop?

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Head & Main studs
Keyed crank
Rods & pistons
Larger injectors
10mm stroker
Danville 68mm Stg2R

It was either a stock motor or i was looking at a built motor for around 12k of course more HP is desirable but also getting the truck back on the road for a reasonable price is also lol.... What kind of money would that run for a keyed crank and larger rods and pistons? For a keyed crank id need to find a machine shop?
LML keyed crank from IIRC Danville, stock LBZ/LMM rods, delipped LB7 pistons is a good build start, lots more information for budget builds on duramaxdiesels...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LML keyed crank from IIRC Danville, stock LBZ/LMM rods, delipped LB7 pistons is a good build start, lots more information for budget builds on duramaxdiesels...
appreciate it! whats the going rate for delipped or cut lb7 pistons?

Would just doing lb7 pistons and new rods be enough to push a bit more power on my motor?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts