Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much of a benefit would I recieve from going to a lbz mouthpiece vs. porting out my current lly mouthpiece?

I'm trying to get the best mpg possible. I have a 5in straight pipe ordered and have already modded my stock airbox..

·
like a Ninja
5,212 Posts
lower EGTs and quicker spool up really is about all you would notice. from the pics ive seen i dont believe its possible to port out the MP

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looks like i'll be getting the lbz mouth piece...thanks!

·
Registered
64 Posts
WOW Thanks for them pics I ported mine but after looking at the pics my jus go buy the lbz!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
can I expect any mpg gains by going to a lbz MP?

·
Registered
292 Posts
I ported out my stock mouthpiece, waste of time, didnt notice any difference. The LBZ mouthpiece however was like night and day.

·
like a Ninja
5,212 Posts
if you want a true night and day difference, from what i hear, this is what youll want.

AFE 46-60029 Blade Runner Turbo Inlet for 04.5-05 LLY GM 6.6L Duramax

and while youre at it do yourself a favor and re-route the PVC, with this

DRP PCV Re-Route kit for 06-09 GM 6.6L Duramax

and heres the instructions on how to do so, kinda self explainitory.

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/diy-tech-discussion/7264-pcv-reroute.html
http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/how-tos-diy-write-ups/46252-pro-stock-pcv-reroute.html

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
if you want a true night and day difference, from what i hear, this is what youll want.

AFE 46-60029 Blade Runner Turbo Inlet for 04.5-05 LLY GM 6.6L Duramax

and while youre at it do yourself a favor and re-route the PVC, with this

DRP PCV Re-Route kit for 06-09 GM 6.6L Duramax

and heres the instructions on how to do so, kinda self explainitory.

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/diy-tech-discussion/7264-pcv-reroute.html
http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/how-tos-diy-write-ups/46252-pro-stock-pcv-reroute.html
Are you saying you have tried both on your truck and the AFE is better?

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
How much of a benefit would I recieve from going to a lbz mouthpiece vs. porting out my current lly mouthpiece?

I'm trying to get the best mpg possible. I have a 5in straight pipe ordered and have already modded my stock airbox..
the best option available is the original IOH kit here. Will not void warranty also.

Duramax Diesel Performance Products by Killer Bee

You can read about how this all came about here:

Thermal Feedback Primer | Killerbee Performance Technologies

There is a substantial improvement in material removal from the stock MP.

·
Registered
388 Posts
If you haven't done it yet you need to block your EGR too. Just buy the plate for 10 bucks and if you don't have the money for EFI or the code eliminator then just ignore the check engine light. the intake and the blocked EGR will really help get you more efficient. Maybe look at changing the small boost tube to a larger one too.

·
Registered
686 Posts
no, i have a LBZ, i got the bladerunner and sold my LBZ MP, read my sig:D. im just telling you what ive heard from some people that have llys.

yes he did try both , came stock with a lbz piece and then tried a afe ,

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is there actual performance proof this setup is better than the AFE or the LBZ/LMM mouthpiece? I have been reading a lot of diesel forums and I am having a hard time finding supporting data other than what someone thinks should be better. Not too mention once you pay for all of that its close to the price of AFE.

Get the new MP cheapest here GM Parts Direct: Your direct source for Genuine GM Parts

Then get the LLY/LBZ MP install kit here. Online Store

Probably the cheapest option and flows 35% better than stock... yeah its 200 bucks, but thats a lot cheaper than the other options I've seen and flows like a champ.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I just put the entire LBZ intake and mouth piece on my LLY tow truck. Made a completely different truck out of it. You do have to recalibrate the MAF however if you go this route.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What size is the pipe on the install kit from profab perf? Coult i just use 2 of those rubber elbows and a piece of 5in exhaust pipe?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts