Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting ready to get either an 06-07, or 08 LMM. I like the LMM but if I got that Id want to do the DPF delete, but I don't think it would pass inspections. Is there a way to get around this or am I stuck if I decide on the LMM

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
I would stay away from the DPF....Power Robbing/Mpg destroying device. I have an 05 LLY This is the last year you can upgrade your power, and put back to stock power, and your ECM doesn't hard codes any changes. After 05 your ECM hard codes any changes made....

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
If you really want an LMM and get away with passing inspection you can always put the stock exhaust and dpf back on when it comes time for inspection. You just have to deal with taking the exhaust on and off. If not then i would recommend the 06-07 LBZ motor. The only difference in the LBZ and LMM is the DPF as you know and i believe the LMM has 5 more HP.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Not sure i agree.

I would stay away from the DPF....Power Robbing/Mpg destroying device. I have an 05 LLY This is the last year you can upgrade your power, and put back to stock power, and your ECM doesn't hard codes any changes. After 05 your ECM hard codes any changes made....
I have had no problems with power or mileage and am very pleased with my LMM. When i first bought it i saw many people saying just as you and i have found that my truck dispells all bad reviews.:gearjamin

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jfreid, yea, I did get it I think I'm going to hold off. I'm just in the planning stages now. I have to find a way to sway the wife. I wouldn't be able to do anything for at least 3-4 more months.

I love the look of the LMM but if they are gonna fail me because of the DPF delete, I may have to get an LBZ. I still haven't driven either one, so I guess my final say will be after hitting the streets in one

1 - 9 of 9 Posts