Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this is my first post for this forum, Ive been a member for a little while though.
Anyways, Ive been a LBZ owner for several years now, Ive been very satisfied with my 07 HD classic as a daily.
However, Im here asking for some advice, this is not for my daily, Im leaving it completely stock.
I am however asking for my project Im currently gathering parts for at the moment.
My project is a 62' Ford F-1000 Super Duty bobtail. The plans are to put a LBZ in it, but I wanted to add some HP to it, but reliably done, Im not looking for big HP gains, but I looking towards the realm of 450 to 475 HP, nothing more than that.
What would be the most ideal way to get that kind of power out of a LBZ? Pump, injectors, turbo, tune, etc,?
The reason I want it reliable, is, I dont want this to be a jackstand queen, needing to be worked on all the time, Im planning on using this truck as a toy hauler/ RV puller.
Also, I plan on retaining the air brake system on the truck, I found a aftermarket compressor kit using a york style AC compressor as a air compressor. Does anyone know of a different engine driven air compressor setup for one of these engines, besides of what I found?
Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,068 Posts
Ernied, the biggest problem you're facing is custom tuning. It's almost impossible to build an LBZ with a larger single turbo, compounds, bigger injectors & a dual-fueler since the EPA has shut down custom tuning...

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
1,239 Posts
Your first step will be tuning. Any EFI-Live tuner should be able to dial in your set up. A 10mm pump 30 or 60 percent over injectors and say a 3794 drop in turbo from Danville would get you to HP goals and maybe more. Just some thoughts.

Reactions: FreedomOne
1 - 3 of 3 Posts