Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what kind of SAFE horsepower I could get out of my truck (2007 lbz)with this setup.

S&b cold air intake
Sinister EGR delete
Aftermarket down pipe
5 inch exhaust
Built stage 3 transmission (800hp rated)
68 mm garret turbo
Aftermarket hot side pipe and boots
Fass 150 lift pump
Efi live tuning by kory

·
Registered
129 Posts
Depends what you are asking really.. Do you have the the standard Kory Willis package for the LBZ (30,60,100,120,150)? Are you asking which of those would be safe or are you asking what would be a safe set of tunes with more HP to upgrade to? IF you are sticking with this set of tunes you will be safe on any of these settings because this package is set up for stock trans, although many recommend not running the race tune on this package very often.

If you are looking to upgrade for SAFE HP I would give Kory a call or contact someone else with EFI Live and tell them what you have done to the truck and they should be able to set you up with a package with a little more HP but still on the safe side given what mods you have done to date.

Again I'm just going based of what is in your sig... To get the most out of your call I would recommend giving a thorough description of your trucks intended uses and since you mentioned "with this setup" I would assume you don't plan to make future mods so that would be a good thing to mention as well because that will also be a deciding factor in how much HP you could add to the truck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the standard kory package that you listed. I recently built my Trans. All the mods I have listed are done to my truck except the turbo. After I buy the turbo and put it in I am going to have the truck re tuned. I was just wondering what kind of hp I will be able to attain without worrying about cp3 injectors or anything motor related.

·
Registered
129 Posts
On stock injectors, cp3, and w/o head studs you could probably run the max effort tune which I believe is roughly 230hp safely.... again depending on how you intend to drive the truck lol. If you can't keep your foot out of it then I would suggest sticking with the standard tunes knowing you can run the 150 tune safely until you can afford some 60 over injectors, headstuds, and dual cp3's or whatever package you decide to do overtime.

Just my .02 honestly... I'm sure other guys on here can give you some more suggested upgrades as well. Search bar on this forum is also of great help, there are plenty other discussions about this topic that you can dig up and find some more info parts, upgrades, tuning, etc.

Best of luck!

·
Vendor
1,611 Posts
The tune will be redone for the added mods. Fuel will be your limiting factor with that setup as you know. You can likely be around 550-600. PPEI will set it up to drive without issue it will likelt just take a few datalogs and tune files back and forth.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now if I do get injectors down the line do you guys recommend getting the entire performance injectors or just bigger nozzles. I'm trying to get to or over the 600 hp mark but don't have unlimited funds lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have just got a 2007 Gmc it has an EGR delete, 4" exhaust no cats, cold air intake and am looking for a tuner to get more MPG as well as more performance. What do y'all suggest?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Efi Live with PPEI tuning. Can get a single or 5 tune shift on the fly setup. Let me know if I can help!
What is the difference between all the different ones there are ie: standard to race is all in the programming? Can I go with something basic and add to it or do I have to get a high level for future mods?
I was told edge with juice and a efi live. I would like to get a shift on the fly with a few times. What is the major differences between all of them. This is my first diesel.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Now if I do get injectors down the line do you guys recommend getting the entire performance injectors or just bigger nozzles. I'm trying to get to or over the 600 hp mark but don't have unlimited funds lol
Be careful trying to push the 600hp mark on stock pistons. You said you wanted SAFE power, past 600 you are rolling the dice with cracking a piston.

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
I'm trying to get to or over the 600 hp mark but don't have unlimited funds lol
First off, this sentence alone contradicts itself.. let me forewarn you.. once you do what you are about to do.. have some money put back just in case. Because if you have tranny issues, lift pump, injectors, turbo, etc.. you aren't stock anymore. Which means you need to go to someone who actually knows how to work on what you have. It's one of the reasons I sold my old truck.. so much done to it, and super expensive to fix.

With that out of the way, I will say that I ran about 500-600HP on the daily with my old LBZ for almost 5 years.. never had a single issue. But I will suggest, get the HP numbers out of your head. I kept telling myself I wanted 700-800HP.. and eventually got it. Guess what? Anything over 500 really isn't streetable in the rain/towing/etc.. at least for me it wasn't. I had a single setup, twins, then triples.. and either EGTs got too hot, or oil got too hot, or boost pressure was super high, or blah. To DD it.. it was great, but I couldn't run anything over my DD tune on my DSP5. Thing could lay tire doing 50 down the freeway, got dangerous at a point. So I had all that HP and really did me no good. Get yourself to about 500 or so and drive it, I bet you will be happy :D

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
First off, this sentence alone contradicts itself.. let me forewarn you.. once you do what you are about to do.. have some money put back just in case. Because if you have tranny issues, lift pump, injectors, turbo, etc.. you aren't stock anymore. Which means you need to go to someone who actually knows how to work on what you have. It's one of the reasons I sold my old truck.. so much done to it, and super expensive to fix.

With that out of the way, I will say that I ran about 500-600HP on the daily with my old LBZ for almost 5 years.. never had a single issue. But I will suggest, get the HP numbers out of your head. I kept telling myself I wanted 700-800HP.. and eventually got it. Guess what? Anything over 500 really isn't streetable in the rain/towing/etc.. at least for me it wasn't. I had a single setup, twins, then triples.. and either EGTs got too hot, or oil got too hot, or boost pressure was super high, or blah. To DD it.. it was great, but I couldn't run anything over my DD tune on my DSP5. Thing could lay tire doing 50 down the freeway, got dangerous at a point. So I had all that HP and really did me no good. Get yourself to about 500 or so and drive it, I bet you will be happy :D
I hear the brutal voice of experience.................and what sounds to be some VERY good advice!

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
I have an 02 LBZ with about 300 Kms and its showing over boost conditions & over fueling soot on the bumper . Any suggestions appreciated
Your 02 is an LB7, Not an LBZ.

Your problem is most likely injector related. When was the last time they were changed?

Reactions: wydopen731
1 - 15 of 15 Posts