Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have an almost 100% stock 07' LBZ. Just finished a 1500 mile trip through the rocky mountains pulling a small(heavy) trailer. Very happy averaging 19.4mpg through all that.

·
Registered
175 Posts
My white 2007 LBZ 3500 SRW CCLB that is all stock (minus wheels and CAI) with @340k probably could be had for half that...

*edit* I would hate myself while searching for a replacement.....

·
Registered
9,965 Posts
It's because of the nicholas cage style treasure hunt in the lbzs. Their is actually a stash of missing us mint treasury bonds and unmarked Bill's along with map to the treasure buried on oak island. Legend also has it that if you rub the fender and hood in opposite directions at the same time as licking your ear a genie will appear and grant you wishes

·
Registered
34 Posts
It's because of the nicholas cage style treasure hunt in the lbzs. Their is actually a stash of missing us mint treasury bonds and unmarked Bill's along with map to the treasure buried on oak island. Legend also has it that if you rub the fender and hood in opposite directions at the same time as licking your ear a genie will appear and grant you wishes
i guess i know what im doin when i get home

·
Registered
9,965 Posts
Get on it feller. Hopefully you find the treasure so the rest of those piston cracking som beeches prices go down :rofl

·
Registered
481 Posts

·
Received a Hummer
9,628 Posts
I wish I would of kept my old LBZ... I miss it. No emissions, ran twins and triples on it during the 7 years I owned it, and never had a single major issue. Was a great truck! Plus if EPA ever cracked down, hollow out the CAT and done. My LMM runs great too, but the DPF is obviously gone.

·
Registered
326 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
That doesn’t seem like that great of a deal considering it’s a 1500 lol . If it was a duramax I would be heading that way right now
searched diesel and this came up,saw fuel type diesel and never read the ad.my bad
I'll go stand in the corner.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Or you could just buy a LB7 and put 3 or 4 sets of injectors in with the money you saved lol!

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
the price on the 06/07 OBS trucks is insane, ive seen some going for about the same price as i paid for my 15 LTZ.... I get the emissions aspect of it but come on... hell these truck can vote in a few years and people are treating them like they are brand new Cadillacs.

searched diesel and this came up,saw fuel type diesel and never read the ad.my bad
I'll go stand in the corner.

its really frustrating when people on craigslist go out of there way to include things in the listing that do not apply to what there selling just to get clicks, like no, i am not interested in your busted gasser in my "duramax" search results thank you.

Or you could just buy a LB7 and put 3 or 4 sets of injectors in with the money you saved lol!
dont forget a head gasket or two.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Personally i dont think the lbz is too inflated over similar model years. DO NOT get me started on the inflation of those covered wagons people call obs 7.3 powerstrokes though. WHAT A JOKE

·
Registered
42 Posts
Most LB7s around here go for 6500-8500, LLYs for 9000-13000 and the LBZ guys are just on some strong stuff, no none of us are going to buy your 220k miles LBZ for 25grand. I get they’re some of the best obs Duramax engines but they are not worth anywhere near where everyone wants to sell them. Still have to allow for things to go wrong with cash set aside but if you buy a LBZ be prepared to empty your pockets or buy a junker 6.5

1 - 20 of 88 Posts