Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hook'em .. if you would've actually done some research before running your mouth and trying to degrade you would notice I've been a passive member for years!

Sad that even if you thought I was a new member that you would choose to degrade and make assumptions!

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,290 Posts
Hook'em .. if you would've actually done some research before running your mouth....
Well, it's actually my fingers running :teehee but good point, touche'. :wink2:

Sry if your feelin's are hurt, wasn't the intent. Just a reality check.
And a little gallery goad. :rofl

It's great. It's unique, it's rare, and surely a jewel. Keep it another 7 years, a classic @ Mecum could be a show standout....for the collector market.

But for the User market, there are obstacles in the way of the Sale.
You have to look at it as a monthly expense for transport, and not the acquisition of an asset. Whether you buy new (warranty and minimal repair $$), used (potentially higher repair $$ % per mo.), or you lease, it comes down to how much $$ a month is the expense to have transportation.

With the exception of the small segment of the buyer market that would pay cash up front, all of the other potential buyers will have to finance.
Now, while the woke crowd knows it's true value (longevity/few problems), Financiers will only look at what's on paper;
A used 13(14? '06) year old vehicle with low miles.

Sit down with 'em for a purchase order on a new vehicle, they're going to offer low % and extended terms...coupled with hardly any repair $$, and you have an attractive monthly expense to drive, that's under warranty.

Sit down with 'em for a 13 yo vehicle, and their % will be higher and the term lengths shorter.....add in the annual avg repair $$ on a used vehicle, and you very likely will have a higher monthly expense to drive....and no warranty protection...than you would if you bought new.

Even though new is a higher purchase price, the monthly expense could be lower....or even marginally the same...with a warranty.
(random pistons do fail, along with random crank failures)

"But there's no Miles/Use...that = lower repair $$"
Yes, and that's something a new buyer will likely focus on, and will be the main selling point to that market segment (if...they can swing the financing).

However, there's another segment of the buyer market that knows there could be unexpected repair $$ that could nickel and dime you for years, as a result of the age of the parts/fluids, not having been used much and very likely never addressed while it sat.

Such is the debacle in attempting to get in the saddle of what may be the finest truck that GM every built. :|

Those who have 'em, keep 'em. Except for the ones that just tire of the same ol' lady around and are drawn to the glitz of the new young girls on stage. >:)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi, I'm the guy that two years ago had a 14 year old LB7 with 65k miles. At 65k it required its second set of injectors and a head gasket, I agree miles aren't everything. On a positive note, I have had 30k miles and two years of being fairly trouble free.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My lbz will be posted here for sale as soon as I hit my post count.

CCSB
13k ORGINAL MILES
NO WRECKS
1 OWNER
STILL have frame wax and part stickers.
Bose
Sunroof
Sport Red

I have watched them for awhile and it amazes me what people want for 200k trucks.

They must really hold their value.
If you had a CCLB I would be seriously inquiring about this truck. And yes, they do hold their value, not only because they don't use DEF, ,but they have been proven over time to be good reliable trucks.
I looked for over a year for a rust free 2006 CCLB, GMC with leather, reasonably low miles and a sunroof. I had to skip the sunroof. They are getting harder to find with under 250,000.

·
Premium Member
3,253 Posts
They will have to pry my LLY CCLB out out of my cold dead hands...unless it breaks.... But after over 130K, 40K of it towing a heavy 5th wheel without ever having it leave me stranded I think it's in it for the long haul, so to speak. Yes, I have to do the usual maintenance, water pump, brakes, wheel bearings etc. But I wouldn't have any qualms about buying a low mileage non-lifted mostly stock LBZ to replace it if I had to. Since deleting is now a crime, I don't think I want to take a chance on a truck with DPF, DEF and a CP4, can't afford the repairs....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi, I'm the guy that two years ago had a 14 year old LB7 with 65k miles. At 65k it required its second set of injectors and a head gasket, I agree miles aren't everything. On a positive note, I have had 30k miles and two years of being fairly trouble free.
How did the interior hold up? I'm considering a used truck but in the south east trucks hold value extremely well.

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,952 Posts
I have a LBZ and a early LLY. When I look at the price of a new one I decide I will just have to drive the wheels off them. The LML has me scared to buy one until I can afford a 30k note with a 3k fuel system conversion. I drove a LMM for 7 years and had the same issues with rattles and the seat fell apart at 40k. I did hit two deer with it and spent $10k fixing the door panels, bumper, grille, and fender. My LBZ is still next to new( I am second owner since 08 and 40k) With 115k now and zero issues on 12 years. The LLY is a beast since I got rid of the airflow problems, I whooped up on a stock 6.7 and mine weighs 9k. I can see where they are more desirable than the new ones. When you see a loaded 15+ truck still north of 40k with over 100000 on the clock.

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you had a CCLB I would be seriously inquiring about this truck. And yes, they do hold their value, not only because they don't use DEF, ,but they have been proven over time to be good reliable trucks.
I looked for over a year for a rust free 2006 CCLB, GMC with leather, reasonably low miles and a sunroof. I had to skip the sunroof. They are getting harder to find with under 250,000.
Come to CA. they are all over the place!

·
Premium Member
3,253 Posts
Just make sure it isn't being sold because it won't pass emissions... unless you live in a place where they don't require emissions testing...yet....

·
Premium Member
3,253 Posts
eh. most of em dont... not a big deal.
What, I thought the Emissions Police came and threw both you AND your truck in jail if it doesn't pass??.......

·
Registered
34 Posts
What, I thought the Emissions Police came and threw both you AND your truck in jail if it doesn't pass??.......
lol, no. no one will be selling a duramax out here cuz it "doesnt pass emissions". modifications to exhaust and stuff just means it costs a lil more to pass :wink2:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I did see quite a few located in CA. Wasn't sure if they had added emissions to deal with, plus it was a long way from the Midwest.
There were several with sunroofs too. Although I did find a truck close to what I was looking for, I would sell it if I found one better..

·
Registered
230 Posts
I did see quite a few located in CA. Wasn't sure if they had added emissions to deal with, plus it was a long way from the Midwest.
There were several with sunroofs too. Although I did find a truck close to what I was looking for, I would sell it if I found one better..
If the truck is coming out of cali, its probably bone stock or close to it and they really dont fail emissions. If they do its because something was changed. Bringing in one from out of state now thats another deal. It hard to find a stock truck out of state (CA) that will pass a visual here..... They're pretty tough here but IMHO not unreasonably so. Then again I'm just used to it.

61 - 80 of 88 Posts