Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all , i havent posted in a while but i need some possibilities,
when pulling boat down interstate 75 mph/ 2000 rpm about every 30 seconds the exhaust sound changes, EGTs go up and it puffs smoke for a second then goes back to normal(clean). no rpm change, but speed drops a little?

I was thinking maybe my torque converter is finally taking a #$%^, except i would think there would be an rpm change because of slippage?

got edge CTS set on level 2.

Got any ideas?

·
Hot Rod Photographer
154 Posts
Egr?

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,954 Posts
I would check the vane position sensor

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
X2 on vane position sensor. Its the sensor on top of turbo. Not hard to change but pretty pricey.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide App

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
You should check for codes first-- might have a code stored.

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts
yea dude set your edge to monitor vane position and watch to see it go up and down

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
uploadfromtaptalk1318036812513.jpg
Heres a pic of where it would be.
i have a used one if it ends up being the problem. Gm wants 600$ if i remeber for a new one. So pm after u check for codes if u r interested.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
could it be possibly i need a lift pump?
this truck only has 58,000 miles on it!

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,954 Posts
how would i go about checking for proper operation?
Monitor it with your edge. You may also have a problem with the edge if you are not throwing any codes. If I remember right you can fool with the vane position with the C/S. Set your monitor to watch the vane position, take it for a drive. At 2000rpm you should be running about 45 to 50% open.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Monitor it with your edge. You may also have a problem with the edge if you are not throwing any codes. If I remember right you can fool with the vane position with the C/S. Set your monitor to watch the vane position, take it for a drive. At 2000rpm you should be running about 45 to 50% open.
ok, i will give it a try, i guess i need to call edge and ask them why it isnt throwing a code!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Anynews? I dont recall it throwing a code on it eithier though

1 - 13 of 13 Posts