Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Needs more go fast
12,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i heard people doing cheap motor builds with lbz rods and lb7 pistons?

opinons?

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,274 Posts
We have 3 sets of LBZ rods for sale. But if you add it up in the end you have to pay to balance the motor and buy all the parts so why not do it right the first time and save from having to spend the money 2 times. I run some very good prices on Carrillo rods and new pistons. Or if you tear your motor down we can send your pistons off have them checked and cut and coated and add new rings and clips to them. I can work you up a nice build sheet.

·
Needs more go fast
12,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We have 3 sets of LBZ rods for sale. But if you add it up in the end you have to pay to balance the motor and buy all the parts so why not do it right the first time and save from having to spend the money 2 times. I run some very good prices on Carrillo rods and new pistons. Or if you tear your motor down we can send your pistons off have them checked and cut and coated and add new rings and clips to them. I can work you up a nice build sheet.
yea your right on that part :cool:

and hmmm :D

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I see them sell all the time. But I only know of one person who uses them. Tom (TheBac) but I don't pay much attention to peoples sigs.

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
I have been following the LML internals in an LBZ build over on DD, curious to see where that goes.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Do you have a link to the posting on dp

Sent from a padded room while bouncing off the walls

·
Registered
7,819 Posts

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
David from DTS has atleast 2 lml stock shortblocks in 800 horse trucks
yeah i've heard david does, the guy from fleece has one

I am really curious to see what they will handle, LBZ internals have held 800 on danville's rollers, but it wouldn't last too long.

it'd be the only motor build i could probably ever do/afford

·
Needs more go fast
12,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wow thats interesting

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
yeah for sure, and for the price, even if they only hold 650 or 700 reliably, IMO that would be the way to go over LBZ or LB7 internals paired up.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I know you can only use LML pistons with the LML rods, but what about the rings? Will standard Mahle rings for the LB7-LMM work?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
message me on some numbers and lists would ya?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts