Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone straight pipped their lbz? I installed a fingure stick, took off my muffler.(have mbrp5'' t/b kit). Went for a test drive, first gear has power then second there is no power under moderate to hard take off from a stop. I am wondering if there is not enough back pressure, and the turbo is not spooling up. Higher speeds the power is there. Help anyone, thank you.

·
Registered
172 Posts
if anything the turbo should spool faster due to no back pressure.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just put my muffler back on, went for another drive. Check engine light came on, p0101, p0404. The 101 if a maf code. Still has the no power under harder accleration. I am wondering if there might be something wrong with the fingure stick. I followed the directions step by step, even asked my shop foreman at the dealership that I work at.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
THe stick connections have to be real good conections, best to soldier them! THose codes could come from either the open exhaust, or a improperly wired stick. Did you install a plate to?

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I did not install the plate. I was emailling john from kennedy diesel, happened to look the directions, pictures online. Which are little clearer than the ones I printed out, and realized my problem. Everything wired good, except the yellow wire off of the maf. Left the wire solid, and tapped into in two different places for the stick. Realized I needed to cut that wire, and use the stick as a bypass. Did that cleared dtc's, drove it the lbz has its balls back. Thank you for the info. Tomorrow the muffler is coming off.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
hey guys i have a 2007 chev 2500hd classic with the LBZ. I have a edge juice w attitude and a mbrp duals 4 inch stainless cat-back. I have heard lots about these finger sticks. If i installed one would it void my warranty? and also what does it exactly do? does it just stop the mass airflow codes??? THe reason im asking is so that i can install the CAT delete pipe... I miss the rumble:rockin
Thanks

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The finger stick if installed properly would not be noticed by a technican who is working on your truck. I have the same truck, put one on myself, and did the blocker plate. The stick is kind of like a dummy solenoid or diode, that maf, and egr are overridden sort of. I can't really explain. Go to Kennedydiesel.com for more info. If the stick, and plate are found, and cause of damage or other problems with your truck, then they will void you warranty. The stick, and plate do not cause any damage anyways. It also depends on the dealership. The dealership by my house will let somethings slide that are aftermarket. I was running an mbrp turbo back system, on my lbz, before I did my straight pipe. Before that I did not have problems with not running a cat. You can ditch the cat without useing a finger stick or blocker plate.

·
Smoke. It's what's cookin
2,934 Posts
YEah I've got a 4" turbo back system and no codes. I have not blocked it yet but I have not had any codes. One once in a while when I'm messing around with my PPE tuner.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i have custom 4" all the way out, from the turbo. no restriction. runs like an ape. sounds perfect. looking @ 5" though. cats and mufflers are just added weight and heat traps.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am running a short 5" straight pipe. With a short turn down just behind the cab. Was going to do a tip, but don't want to waste money on one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone running the 5" straight exhaust, Have you encountered a very bad resonance in the cab on a crew cab truck. If I open the rear windows, the resonance is unbearable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts