Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • Truck seat covers are up to 76% off right now on eBay. Click here for Black! Tan! Multi-coloured! even Camo!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My duramax just recently started to make a ticking noise when I was in about 15 pounds of boost and would get louder as the boost progressively got higher. It is now ticking at idle. It sounds like it is comming from the fuel rail on the drivers side. I just installed a new lift pump and sump pump on the truck (165 air dog), and the old lift pump was a 150 fass that was pulling from the draw straw. I was wondering if this issue could possibly be the fuel control actuator. The cp3 seems to be ok since the truck is still running smooth other than the ticking. The scanner reads that the injectors are all over the place but again the truck runs smooth and there are no signs of white smoke out of the tail pipe or any smoke at idle. The injectors are 100% injectors and are preferably new with about 40k on them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts