Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've been away for a while since I sold my old LB7 to my dad and been wondering around in a 2014 Mustang GT for the last year. A couple weeks ago I picked up an bone stock 07 LBZ and have been modifying it steadily. I had it for about 6hrs before ordering parts and tune from DMAXStore. Currently mods are in signature.

I've been seeing people having problems with the LLY/LBZ and the VGT getting soot/carbon build up causing the vanes to not function properly or at all. Luckily I have yet to have a P003a or P2563 code and I'd like to keep it that way. So are their any tips, tricks, or products you recommend on keeping the turbo alive and healthy?

Since I have owned it, any time I work her hard I let her idle down. I have boost and pyro gauges to keep tabs. I thought about getting an Edge CTS but decided against it fearing someone breaking in my truck to steal it because they think its a GPS. Ordering a lift pump in the next couple weeks, got the Nicktane CAT filter kit, and I run Diesel Kleen or XDP diesel supplement every other tank full. I also romp on it at least once a day to keep the vanes moving.

Any info will be appreciated guys. Thank You!!

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
I let my truck cool down all the time let it run for 5 min just keep everything good. Been doing it since I bought my first diesel old timer told me let them run to cool down. Before shut the truck off.

·
Registered
136 Posts
X2! I always let mine cool down to below 350 when I'm unloaded and at least 15 minutes when towing anything.

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
EGT's have nothing to do with how hot the turbo housing is where the bearings are located, I can be on the freeway for 3 hours running 75-80 mph. with EGT's averaging 600-700 degrees and within 60 seconds after pulling off the freeway my EGT's are less than 300 degrees, both banks monitored by an ISSPRO manual dual gauge. So take few minutes before shutting down not a bad idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.