Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to get more whistle outta the factory turbo? My dad used to have an 02 cummins and we took the silencer ring out off it on the intake side of the turbo and it sounded good. Jw if I could do this to my duramax.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea what about a full 5" straight pipe?

·
Registered
234 Posts
I installed a weztel and magnaflow down pipe... I like the sound of stock better... The sound isn't louder it's just a different tone, it's not really a whistle sound anymore.....

·
Registered
388 Posts
I installed a weztel and magnaflow down pipe... I like the sound of stock better... The sound isn't louder it's just a different tone, it's not really a whistle sound anymore.....
How do you like your wetzel wheel performance wise?

·
Registered
234 Posts
How do you like your wetzel wheel performance wise?
Well I installed both the downpipe and Wetzel at the same time and I couldn't tell any real noticeable difference in performance... I wouldn't set out to just do those upgrades. I personally think its not worth the time/$$$ and headache... But if your already gonna be taking them off to get to something else then I would go ahead and do the install.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Remove the crappy plastic turbo silencer and plug off the hole with a 2" fernco cap.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Remove the crappy plastic turbo silencer and plug off the hole with a 2" fernco cap.
That with a 4 in straight pipe, dp, and robs tuning and ya, it sounds like a 6.0 ps.

·
Registered
388 Posts
yeah mine whistles pretty good too, mods in sig

1 - 13 of 13 Posts