Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this site and was at the dealer trying to buy an 06 2500HD. All the advertising was showing 360hp. What they tried to sell me was the LLY engine with 310hp. When will the LBZ be available. I wanted to get it this month with the employee pricing plan. HELP!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I believe it starts getting installed in new trucks in the end of oct (someone correct me if im wrong) I doubt they will have generous rebates on it when it comes out....itll be a strong selling engine...more so than the LLY has been

Honestly I dont think you can go wrong w/ an '06 LLY/Allison 6spd or ZF6

·
Registered
4 Posts
Buy Wise

Hey stu,

Let me tell you how to do this...

First go to http://gmbuypower.com/homePage.bp? Then scroll down to "Build your own"... Spec out what you want then click on "Request a Quote". (All the new ones are listed with the LBZ)

All the dealerships (listed) have an "Internet Sales Person"... Not the "Lot Attack Person"... Email back and forth to the Internet salesperson, then "Tell them" you are not willing to pay MSRP.

Everytime I've purchased a new vehicle I get "Invoice" or "Less" and Exactly what I want. The "drawback" is you have to wait...

Do NOT settle for what the dealer has on the lot... AND don't pay MSRP... DEAL...
:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the heads up. Everytime I go to build a truck on the web site I believe that I have gotten the LLY option. I want to get a new truck but I really think that the LBZ is the way to go. I may have to wait. But the cost difference between a employee priced LLY and the "dealer invoice" priced LBZ will be at least $2000 and then I got the problem of my 2000 model trade being devalued by the employee priced new models. Such a problem. Will the LBZ be that much beter? I hear more power, smoother turbo, faster warm up and 15-20% better mileage! What would that be? 20 mpg? What are ya'll eperiencing with the LLY on a 4wd?

Stu

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I "Stretched" on the LBZ

First, the LLY option is “Still” on the web under “Engine” for $5,310.00 however, if you look down further to the “Heavy Duty Power Pack” option, the LBZ is listed “with” the Allison 6-Speed for $6,805.00… And… if you select the LBZ you get a $500.00 “HD Power Pack Savings” labeled “1SZ”. So… the difference is about $1,000.00 (MSRP) And, Yes, you’ll have to wait.
As far as “Is the LBZ better?” I don’t know… Mine won’t be here ‘til November. :mad:

And… I (still) won’t pay MSRP… I told my dealer I want the employee pricing “Anyway”, and he said “Okay”… The “Employee Price” is “Invoice”… They just don’t want you to know that. :)

rbk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts