Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having problems with my maf sensor not reading continuously. While i was tracing wire i found where my fingerstick was tapped in had be come a little loose so i removed the fingerstick and put everything back to stock. I fired up truck and was starting to check the voltages coming to and from maf sensor when all off a sudden my truck died. And now will not crank. No CEL. No blown fuses. Batteries tested good. Everything else works. Does anyone have any ideas?

2006 ccsb

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Check your starter isnt falling off!!! Just had it happen to mine. The bolts come lose and it backs out enough it wont turn over

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow that was fast. I.dont think so because i jumped the solenoid and it will crank but not start. But i will go check again right now. Hope its that easy

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Yah my starter was just clicking. Climbed under and it was lose again. Red locktite on them bitches now!!!

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just ran outside and double checked. Its bolted good and tight. But doesnt click or anything

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone close to western md with a tech 2

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Do a voltage drop test on your starter while cranking. Make sure that you are getting power to your starter as well. No clicking at all? Check the batteries for bad connections or just a bad battery. These trucks do weird things with low battery voltage.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will go check. I charged my batteries last night. I know our trucks are very sensitive to voltage changes.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Starter draw test to see if the starter is even getting voltage. Let me know if you need any electrical diagrams for your truck, as I have access to those.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2008 Silverado 2500HD
907 Posts
When you turn the key to the on position is your truck still having power? Like radio and such?

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have 12.4 volts on starter solenoid. So i tried jumping across solenoid again,cranks fine just
But no start. I still have power to everything else. Seems like an electrical problem like a sensor or something but dont know which ones if any would cause a no crank..
And thanks for all the help guys. Still trying and testing things.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cknight199 if you have a diagram of the wires on bale connectors

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well i figured out my problem on accident. Turns out that the fuel heater fuse had blown i replaced it and now it starts. Maf sensor is still intermittent. But at least it runs now. Could someone move this out of 911 section

1 - 15 of 15 Posts