Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Lbz with edge insight cts and efi live possible??

Tags
edge efi help lbz
5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Apollo406 
#1 ·
I have an lbz which I bought from an older guy 2 years ago. When I bought the truck it has an edge insight cts for monitoring. The guy stated he had a stock optimized tune on the truck and other than that no other types of tuning. So I’m wanted to get efi live here sometime soon. I know that I have to get my ecm flashed before I can put efi live on. But I’m curious if it would be possible to put efi live tunes on an edge insight cts and be able to change tunes on the fly. I’m unsure at this point as I’ve read multiple places that the lbz cannot use this combination and I’m just trying to verify if it will work or not. If that is not a possible combination what should I go with for a setup? I’m new to diesel tuning and am not sure what is correct. I’m also wondering if this is something I can do myself once I buy the tunes or do I need to take it to a shop to have it done? As the nearest reliable diesel tuning shop is around 200miles away.

Discussion starter · #4 ·
No you cannot use the edge to switch EFI tunes on a LBZ. LB7 and LLY you can but not LBZ. If you want on the fly EFI tuning you will need to use the DSP switch. Lots of EFI AutoCal kits out there with that capability. Or find a shop to work with and use their tuning. Your edge will work just fine for monitoring but wont be able to change tuning. From what you say the PO said it is already tuned by very likely EFI.
So I was able to talk with the guy I bought it from yesterday and he told me it is an efi tune he said it is the stock optimized tune. So would it still be worth it to get a DSP5 switch with 5 tunes and have the ecm flashed by the dealership back to stock and put the new tunes on? Or should I just leave it how it is? Thank you for all this help I’m fairly new in the diesel world so this helps quite a bit!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.