Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
anxious to hear more about this, is this all fabbed by you or is a kit you bought?

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
dang it brian lol

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Looks home made and verrry nice at that! How much for mine????!!!!

·
HD TECHNICIAN
1,115 Posts
i want more pics!! haha i see transverse torque rods and everything this is sick.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
pieces from here and there, threaded rod ends from here bushing ends from here
the arms have a bushing on one end and the threaded joint on the other, they are made from 1.5 x .120 herw, sleeved with 2" .120 wall dom. as for the mounting brackets, the upper mounts on the axle are here the lower mounts are tabs like these
frame side, upper are these and lower these

track bar mount, frame end since my frame is boxed, just some tabs like these and the axle end is one of these with the bags I've got on there, I had to trim it a little and I'm going to brace it some also.

I had the bags in before they are 3800 bags from airbagit.com custom c notch the frame and boxed it, york compressor under the hood, 3 gallon air tank sitting above the spare tire, feeding the self leveling valves and bags.

thats a mouth full

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the summit machine poly bushing link is not coming up, its their large bushing for $22

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
how much you got all in it ,ballpark

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i want more pics!! haha i see transverse torque rods and everything this is sick.
Torque rods????? that might be the 30,000 goose neck hidden hitch. I was a little surprised when I read the rating on the thing.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
how much you got all in it ,ballpark
everything including the air system mounted to the engine, air tank and fittings, bags and leveling stuff, then links, I'd say $1200. and another $250 on the way for some valves to allow me to bypass the leveling and be able to dump or raise the bags. and the thing better ride like a caddy when I'm done.

·
needing more money
314 Posts
Looks sweet, should do a full write up start to finish. I would be willing to bet you are doing what lots of us have wanted and/or would like to do.
Yep count me in. My favorite thing is in his signature "stock as they come" haha

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
another pic, this side had some more crap in the way, ebrake cable, and the air dog II, mounted the air dog bracket to the upper frame mount, cut the ebrake bracket and welded it to the bottom of the lower arm bracket, worked out well. took off the stock shocks and put on the new edelbrock ones to match the front, ride is much nicer, still feels like a truck but the front and back seem the same, but the biggest difference it think is the road noise from the back end, much much quieter.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Is there a way to do this w/o the notch?

Nice project!!
sure, it will sit at stock height or higher,and be a lot easier. I've lowered the back 3 to 4 inches and need the notch to have some up travel, with my bags completely flat, it would be the equivalent of the axle tubes sitting on the frame.

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
subscribing

1 - 20 of 50 Posts