Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever experienced a leak from your fuel pressure relief valve after installing a PPE ported fuel rail fitting? 08 lmm

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
The ported fitting does not increase the rail pressure, only the flow. It should not affect the FPRV. If the FPRV is leaking, it is not tight or has debris.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jc1843 I didn't think so. I have a fuel leak coming down the drives side. I had it at the dealer monday to diagnose the leak they came up with the fuel pressure relief valve. Or the rail is cracked where the plug is. I still have the stock one in have never touched it. The leak started weeks after the ported fuel rail fitting install. And its not coming from there. Auto part Vehicle Engine Automotive engine part

I guess I'll call them tomorrow cause I still don't see the leak even building 12-15 pounds of boost the pic I attached is where the fuel is coming down from the top

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Possible plastic return line is cracked, or a injector line is not seated.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
There is a plastic return line on each injector, and they connect together to the metal return line.

If the rail was removed, possible one of the injector lines is not seated.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The rail has never been removed the only thing on the driver side rail that has been touched was when I did the ported fuel rail fitting

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.