Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brake booster line appears to have a leak at the joint between the rubber hose and the hard line going into the back of the power steering pump. It doesn't leak all the time, but it is enough to make a mess. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Besides replacing the line is there any way to fix this problem?

·
Registered
641 Posts
Easy fix replace it local auto parts about $35.00. and about 1 1/2 time. I would change both the high and low pressure line while you are at it. The line from Hydro to steering box about $50.00. No major problem if you do not change it, just a mess.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Mine did the same thing with about 10K miles on the truck. The dealership replaced the whole unit under waranty. I don't know if you're still under waranty, but it's worth a try if you are.

·
Registered
117 Posts
i just changed mine on sun and it was a pain in the ass i had to take off the belt and unbolt the pump just so i could get at the fitting even then there was barley enough room to get at it

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for the help, I'll get it looked at when I get an opportunity.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.