Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm leaking oil from passenger side pretty bad leak. Can't see from top I'm almost halfway down on dipstick any ideas?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
is it definatly the passenger side? get a flashlight and see if you can see any oil in the valley (under the turbo). if there is i'd say oil return from the turbo, if not then its probably a lower valve cover gasket

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't see any but there might be. It's pretty bad oilly under there from it. And yea def passenger side looks like it be right under fuel filter area maybe

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
id say the lower valve cover gasket is leaking. not too many other places mid engine area that would leak.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there anymore thing that could be on passenger side

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
not that i can think of. have you crawled under the truck and looked at the oil pan?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oil pan is dry

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
im leaning towards the valve cover gasket man. im not too sure what else on the pass side could be leaking oil. someone else will chime in that knows more

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Idk I hope someone wil chime in

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can tomorrow it dark here. There's a little oil around pcv filter but dint look like be enough for this amount and crank case o ring seal looking thing

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I tore into it today. Had a torn o ring is were most of die was coming from were crank shaft seal was I think

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I thought it was the o ring bc it was torn went for a few drives looked up under it and it stil had more oil don't think it's residule oil. Idk what else to do

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Could it be rear main seal

1 - 15 of 15 Posts