Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my truck sits over night it is leaking something onto my driveway this is the 01 truck.
It looks like it's coming from the tranny area but the fluid is full maybe just a pinch over the full mark on the tranny. I'm wondering is these trucks are known for leaking something from this area.
I'm going to go under the truck this weekend and look closer i'm wondering if it's something stupid like the spin on filter being loose. I did notice a drip on the spin on.
other then the pan gasket and the spin on gasket anything else this this area known for leaking?
also out touchy is the alison on tranny fluid the ower before me i think has a bit too much fluid in it. it's a little over the full mark not a lot though.
Thanks.

·
Registered
131 Posts
That's a good place to start. When I was in the process of buying my 01, I had a diesel shop look at it and told them I noticed fluid dripping from the spin on filter and was told that it is located close to the bleeder port and sometimes it will puke out. I haven't noticed any on the filter or the pavemnt since I changed it when after I bought the truck.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
to get the air out of the system so you have fuel going to the engine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
if you have tranny fluid leaking, more and likely it will be the shifter seal, cost 3.10 parts, 1 hour labor to fix

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.