Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some pics of sleek leather covers. I want a leather one that has hidden snaps, or other ways of attachment. I don't want one that sits like an inch above the bed rails. Anyone make a sleek low profile setup like this? All the pics on the retailer or manufactures websites suck for detail on a classic body style.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
have you looked into truxedo covers at all? the lo-pro qt i have is pretty sleek and sits only about a 1/2" above the bed rails.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
i'll try and get some of mine...i had one on my '05 1/2 ton as well as on my '12.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Got some of each truck, they're not really close ups but it gives you an idea of how low profile it is. When I get my truck back from the body shop on Thursday I can get ya some close ups.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How much was that? Does it snap on for the outside? Or it is velco or something else? I don't wanna see little snaps every 6 inchs

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have the access cover low profile one on mine and really dig it. Velcros on the sides maybe sits 1/2" off the bed rails. Clamps on the inside to the bed rail and you can adjust the tightness. Then it snaps in at the tailgate. I put smooth bed rail covers with no holes and a bully tailgate lock and don't get any rain in mine. Dust from the tailgate but that's about it. Only pic I have right now is my avatar one.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I wanna say it's around $400. There's a couple different kinds of truxedos that differ in price. It's locked down in the front then Velcro down the sides, and a latch down deal with a seal by the tailgate. Super easy to install and me and my fiends have never had a problem with the Velcro or with the tensioning on it. Had my last one for 4 years with zero issues with anything on it or it fading the color. Rolls up tight to the front and held down with straps so you still have full use of the bed. I've tried the access covers (no offense man) and they didn't seem as flawless as the truxedos but maybe I didn't have as good of luck with that brand.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im looking for something cheap that looks good. I dont need a 400 dollar one as its just gonna be on a pulling truck. Anyone seen a lund peel and seal?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I think it's like anything else it's all personnel preference and sometimes just depends on the batch almost. I wasn't a super big fan of the truxedo on my half ton. It might be kind of hard to find something nice with out all the snaps for under $400. Maybe look for a used one or something.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts