Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A dodge owner, who has gone through a few turbo's, said the dodge garage told him to leave his exhaust brake on all the time to help with his turbo issue. Anybody heard that for duramax?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
No that is new to me

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Why would you leave it on anyways. If you just daily drove around there's no point

·
Registered
257 Posts
It would just cause the vanes to cycle more...sounds like a job security recommendation to me

Al
2013 GMC, lowered, exhaust, intake, lift pump

·
Registered
515 Posts
Tell you Dodge/Ram guy the best thing he can do to help his turbo is allow it to cool down before shutting off the engine.

I have tow friends with Rams that have had to replace turbos. Interesting both were able to get the turbo replaced quickly as the dealer had them in stock. What does that tell you about the Ram turbo issue.

Next best is get a Duramax that has a liquid cooled turbo.

·
Registered
272 Posts
they say to leave them on with dodges because of vanes sticking due to not cycling enough. the duramax is smart enough to do cleaning sweeps
This... Had 2 buddies who rarely used it. Both had the vanes stick and had to be repaired.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.