Votes: 1 8.3%
  • 22's and 35's so i can just lower my tbar's down

Votes: 3 25.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the cognito 7-9 with 20's and 37's. I am currently thinking of lowering it because i am tired of having to change cv axles every few months. 4x4 boosted launches doesn't go over well with these 130+ lbs at the end of each axle. I am thinking of not lowering it technically. Just lowering the ass end of it and leaving the front basically stock height. Removing the brush guard, tool box, winch, wheels, tires, and lift. Then buying a set of 22" BMF wheels and running some 305's cooper Zeon LTZ's. hmmmm... Decisions decisions!!!!! I will post pictures some time tomorrow of how it currently sits! One more thing i really like lifted trucks but i like going fast just as much! Ugh... Why can't i just be rich and have a lifted dually and then a lowered race duramax toO!!! Sometimes having average income is a curse!!!!
Maybe i should just lower my tbars down all the way and do BMF 22's and 35's... What ya think!
Jon

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
lower it..........

·
Registered
53 Posts
i wanna see how it is now cause i really think when there lifted there BA but a lowered fast Dmax is sick to

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
lower it, going fast is way sicker

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
just lower thefront back down, and run some 325/50/22 or 325/55/22 on the BMF

·
oldschool
3,351 Posts
ah.....lowered is for cars and factory height you've got a 4x4 El camino

drop it down to 7" in front and smaller blocks in the back, throw some 35s on there and your good

anything more than 35s without gears makes a huge difference in power & wear IMO and with 7" your CVs will be level

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
lifted trucks are cool and all
but i think the stock stance with some bigger tires is the best look you can get IMO
also alot easier on driveline cause its not moving the big tires
plus 37inch tire prices are :eek:

·
Registered
53 Posts
but i think the stock stance with some bigger tires is the best look you can get IMO
almost alot easier on driveline cause its not moving the big tires
i love the stock stance with 285's. so sexy

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
almost alot easier on driveline cause its not moving the big tires
Now i hear this! LoL. I was running 35's and 20's on factory height, and i personally liked the look better but not the ride! The ride was okay but not as good as it is now...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts