Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably a topic that's been discussed a million times on here based on the thread history search, but looking for LED headlight bulb suggestions. I've got a 2013 GMC with factory housings. Last year I had tried some Putco Nite-Lux bulbs that the local accessory shop "highly recommended". Even installed them for me. When I left the shop I was very happy with the look, but my mood changed when I went for a ride that night and witnessed the down road performance. I live in a rural area where I consider down road output to be critical. Needless to say, I was back to the shop the next day and told them to put my factory halogens back in.

So my question is, has anyone found a bulb that performs well while working in the factory halogen housings?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just checked it out. Looks to be positive reviews. Curious as to how they actually perform in the stock reflective housings. The newer trucks have projector housings. I had bad luck with the Putco lights. What makes these any different?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Just checked it out. Looks to be positive reviews. Curious as to how they actually perform in the stock reflective housings. The newer trucks have projector housings. I had bad luck with the Putco lights. What makes these any different?

The mentioned Putco lights use XM-L2 LEDs if not mistaken (maybe philips MZ), whereas the SuperBright LED head lamp bulbs use XHP50 LEDs. The difference in output is huge, and we only use genuine CREE LEDs. Honestly we are finding that genuine CREE LEDs are being used less and less by other manufacturers in trade-off for knockoffs. If you have any interest in comparing the actual LEDs to each other, there is general info. and spec sheets here:

XM-L2 - XLamp XM-L2

XHP50 - XLamp XHP50

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info. Are they recommended for lows, highs, and fogs?

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Thanks for the info. Are they recommended for lows, highs, and fogs?

They can be used for low, high and/or fog lamps.

Low Beams:
1x Super Bright LED Head Lamps:

High Beams:

Fog Lamps:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do they work ok as Daylight running lights? This lows on this body style double as DRL's

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just ordered the lows. If I like them I'll be back the highs and fogs!

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Just ordered the lows. If I like them I'll be back the highs and fogs!
Keep us posted! I'm interested too but have had lame results with what I've tried so far, just like you did on your first ones. We're also in a rural area, plus I'm running back and forth to Alaska all the time and straining my eyes at night flat wears me out. The last thing I need is to nail a buffalo or something in the middle of the Yukon.

·
Registered
468 Posts
If your are looking for actual out put performance you can not beat HID. With this said you should only run them if your willing to do a complete HID retrofit. The output and functionality of a proper HID retrofit is unbeatable. Maybe in the future LED technology will become the better option... but until then i bet you are repeatedly disappointed with any LED plug n play bulbs in the oem housings! Do a quick search on here for HID retrofits

·
Registered
968 Posts
I would not recommend made in China $hit from LASFIT at all.

I ordered a set of LED's (hi beam ,low beam, turn signal, markers) for my 2011 GMC. I had a service shop and they agreed that the assemblies needed to be removed to change to LED's for all lights. A $300 service charge.

Well guess what 2 of the LED's failed to work and the service shop tried reversing the plug... notta going to work.

Believe me I ripped LASFIT an new asshole in an email about what this cost me to remove the assemblies and then the cucks wouldn't express ship replacements while the shop had the assemblies out. Pissed me off.

Absolutely I plan on filing a complaint with who ever in CA will listen. Yeah I wanted to spend $600 on service charges to replace with $300 LED's.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts