Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Lets call this project Franken-Max

4K views 30 replies 10 participants last post by  DirtyMaxx03 
#1 ·
i figured seeing as how its halloween time ill name my current project something little more season themed, so Franken-Max is where it'll lie... a little back ground on this project ive started is my daily driver, an 2006 lbz ecsb, that on my way home from a road trip with a truck full of my buddies decided it wanted to split a 1/16 " crack in the first lobe of the crank :D after getting the motor out it got the wheels turning after the p-pumped common rail project thats running wicked strong... lets see what we can do to a duramax by combining all the best of the old in with the new and put it to the test... so that brought on a set of lipless LB7 pistons and gapless rings, reusing my stock LBZ rods an LLY crank and all the rest of my LBZ (heads injectors, ect.) a set of ARP headstuds (WHEN EVER U CAN FINALLY GET THEM AGAIN!!! :mad:) to hold down this Danville stage 2 S475 and some my dragon flow pump to feed some 60% nozzels.... now does this not sound like a box of parts headed for disaster or what!!! All pretty much on a your shits weak dare by a kid with a damn 24 valve :( hopefully you'll tag along to watch this project come to life haha!!!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
thanks alot!

#5 ·
if it turns out like the p-pumped common rail did ill be golden!!! and thanks again

#8 ·
^me too lmao.... and danville performance efi, i mean whats the fun in doing a text book build... anyone can give u directions on how to make a edible peanut butter sandwich... all i can say is we will see

#10 ·
if she goes again... i fire up the paint booth and get back to work towards a 7.1 kit...but a buddy of mines runnin around here tho with a s480, twin pumps, danville tuning and socal heads on stock lbz rods... and its been that way for a year or 2... so we'll see, im interested in this dropped dmax you got in your signature.... i bet that sob's a handful/blast to drive?

#11 ·
Damn, that's a lotta power on stock rods. I was thinking about doing a budget build with cryo treated lbz rods and coated lb7 pistons. So I'm curious to see how your build works. Haha and yeah it's fun to drive except for in the rain. Other than that it's a blast. Nothin like a big single lightin up.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#12 ·
oh im wayy pumped for my big single... it was a feebee for some rocker panel replacement and paintjob on a eclb dmax :) i just wonder if i have the fuel to light it... 42% over pump and 60% nozzels, luckly i have manual option on my 6spd allison so taht should help, but this isnt like teh p-pumped where fuel was at an abundance hahaha....

#14 ·
Not to derail too badly, but do you tow at all? Compared to other options, how do you like the s472? Have you ridden in a 366 truck?

#15 ·
I personally don't tow with this truck I use the dually lol

#17 ·
What's the dimensions on your s472

#20 ·
Dirtymaxx03... Speaking of our earlier convo You got me scrounging around and I located a set of nice lbz rods for ya when you are you ready for your build... And they got pulled for Carillo rods... :) perfect match for your lb7 pistons

#21 ·
finally off work and its back to work again.... hopefully get something done tonight and get it to a rotating assembly :)

Attachments

#23 ·
subscribed

#24 ·
anyone know if lly injector nozzels will work on lbz injectors?.... cause i know the lly and lbz are damn near the same motor thats why they have the 06 lly/lbz motor

#26 ·
makes sense.... cause the 06 is a lly motor with lbz computer or am i flip flopped? and p.s. what grills on your rig?

#28 ·
So anyone got a turbo pedestal for a s475 or at least any good leads on where to get a good one ?

#30 ·
How's that batmowheel in your stock charger?!?!?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.