Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most likely gonna throw a 4" suspension under my 2006 LLY with 35s, and was hoping I could get some pictures of other rides with this setup.

Preferably with the same body style but will appreciate everything!! :thumb

·
King of Battle
854 Posts
TTT wanting to see the same thing! wanna see how 305/55R20 or 33x12.5R20 vs 35x12.5R20 look, gonna drop my 6" down need to know if I need to keep 35s or if I can get away with doin 33s

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
This is my 06 that has a 6" kit that I dropped as far as I could in the front (need new bumps, and after that I may be able to go a tiny bit more) and swapped my 4" block in back for a 2.5" block

This is on 325/65/r18

·
King of Battle
854 Posts
This is my 06 that has a 6" kit that I dropped as far as I could in the front (need new bumps, and after that I may be able to go a tiny bit more) and swapped my 4" block in back for a 2.5" block

This is on 325/65/r18
by bump stop do you mean jounce stop? can you take some pictures of your cv's front and back? also looks like your front sits a lil higher in the front then back have you measured it? or is just cause your sittin on a slight incline?

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
by bump stop do you mean jounce stop? can you take some pictures of your cv's front and back? also looks like your front sits a lil higher in the front then back have you measured it? or is just cause your sittin on a slight incline?
bump stop, jounce stop, same thing. My lower bump stops (limiting up travel) are completely degraded, so that could be part of it. When I put the OEM z71 ones on I may be able to adjust it a tad more.

My front does sit a tad higher, and that's because I don't feel like I can decrank the TB's any further - at least with the current condition my bump stops are in. I have measured it, and on my driver side I'm an inch higher than the back, and passenger side is an inch lower than the driver side. I got to adjust it a bit more, as I have the TB adjuster bolts evenly backed out but I guess I need to just put it at what it needs to be level.

I took this one after lowering, I need to take more now that I have my new steering in

·
King of Battle
854 Posts
Ok cool thanks man yeah I don't think I can remove my jounce stops cause my torsion bars are shot and the lca Would be sitting where the jounce stop mounts to.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Ok cool thanks man yeah I don't think I can remove my jounce stops cause my torsion bars are shot and the lca Would be sitting where the jounce stop mounts to.
Definitely need to keep them on, I am just saying that mine appear to be original and are basically deteriorated to the point that they're worthless. I'll replace them so that they actually help stop the bottoming out I keep getting occasionally and help improve the ride.

·
King of Battle
854 Posts
Yeah I'd say yours are pretty done for lol. $50 for Z71ones at the dealer.

·
King of Battle
854 Posts
Also on another note where did you get your u-bolts for the new blocks?

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Also on another note where did you get your u-bolts for the new blocks?
Came with the 2.5" blocks I got from Dmax store.

I don't know if it was just my truck, but the u-bolt nuts kicked my ass. Even with PB blaster soaking and an 800ft/lb impact I couldn't get them off easily, resorting to a 3-4' breaker bar. Then I had the thought of hitting them with a MAP torch and bingo.

·
King of Battle
854 Posts
Ahhh ok my blocks didn't come with u bolts :-( when you get a chance next time your under your truck can you measure how long yours are? When I put my torsion bars on I had to use a 3/4 impact to get mine off it was a bitch

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Ahhh ok my blocks didn't come with u bolts :-( when you get a chance next time your under your truck can you measure how long yours are? When I put my torsion bars on I had to use a 3/4 impact to get mine off it was a bitch
That's weird, who makes the blocks?

Yeah, I'll measure them next time

·
King of Battle
854 Posts
nope bought em from 4wheelparts, i didnt think anything of it when i bought em but i knew they didnt come with them. i figured i could just use the ones i have but they wont work

·
Registered
83 Posts
4" cognito fully decranked. No block in the rear. has about 1" of lean to it. Correct bilsteins are on order.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts