Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Lol....you guys are funny. The name comes from a license plate I ran in the 90's on a jacked up Toyota 4x4 and it kinda stuck...so I use it on a plate still and on car forums. :drink:drink

So...on to the burb. I will post a full thread on it soon. The short and dirty is: 07 2500 white...pretty clean. LMM/Allison. :)

Should be pretty stout! :D

Reactions: NickCE11

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Love that yukon, only thing I would change is the light bar:D

·
Registered
491 Posts
And the wheels...

·
Registered
52 Posts
My first job out of tech school was at a Chevy dealer in early 2003. Duramax was still getting a lot of trash talk. Had a guy come thru, he hauled cars for dealer trades. He took a 2001ish Z71 burb, put it on a Avalanche 2500 frame, and then cut the frame at the firewall and clipped on the front from a duramax pickup. It was a super clean build. I think that Burb actually had a couple magazine features done on it. It's been a few years but I still remember that rig and would scoop one up in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
heres mine, 04 denali, lbz swapped, exergy 60 overs, suncoast trans, danville 72 turbo.
Just looked at this n showed a few people the for sale add the other day. Very nice wish I could pick it up.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Much want!!!

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
What's all done to it? It's so clean and I love the color. I'd love to have one some day

·
Registered
27 Posts
Very sharp Eric! Would love to see some more pics and details.

thx
Bill

·
Registered
315 Posts
heres mine, 04 denali, lbz swapped, exergy 60 overs, suncoast trans, danville 72 turbo.
Damn I wish I would have kept my 05 Denali for an LBZ swap. Nice work!

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
04 DBurban

This replaced an '04 Z71 that I had for 9 years. Loved the truck so much that when the midwest finally started destroying the body, I just started looking for another un-rusted one. My son found another '04 for sale a few towns over (on Craigslist of all places), a California DBurban.

I have spent the last year and a half trying to take all the stupid out of it (there was a lot and I still have some yet to go) and make it reliable (getting there). Not sure which mod I like best yet; the hood or the new Pioneer that finally works right (and then some, though that was a snug fit).

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.