Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy new year everyone! I bought my 1st ever gmc Duramax Denali in dark sky metallic. Awesome truck but looking to make it look a little tougher with a larger tire . What is everyone using for a level kit? Also I’m looking to make it look more aggressive with a wider stance with a 20x10 -12 offset or so but nothing crazy. Only want the tires to be 1"-2" outside the body. Can this be achieved on a level with 37’s? I know guys are doing it on a stock offset but not sure about a negative offset wheel? Thank you for the help!

·
Registered
161 Posts
With that wheel setup you might rub a little with 35’s. I would avoid 37’s unless your willing to hack up the fenders on a brand new truck. I think a 4” lift would work good with the setup your wanting to run with 37’s.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I did 37”.13.50.20” with vision wheels 20x10 -25. I cranked the stock keys (8 turns) removed the mud flaps, trimmed front bumper (bottom corner) and modified fender liner brackets.

Im pretty sure with 12.50 you won’t need to do as much modifications.

37”.13.50.20 are $455 and 38” are $420 😅 I might end up doing 38” down the road since I have 1-2” room and MAXCAM keys since there’s some benefits to drivetrain

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts

Here's an idea of 20x10 -18 on 35x12.50R20 Ridge Grapplers. Kicking up mud and rocks on the doors and bedsides is definitely an issue you want to be prepared for if you go that route and do much off road driving or working.

·
Registered
26 Posts

Here's an idea of 20x10 -18 on 35x12.50R20 Ridge Grapplers. Kicking up mud and rocks on the doors and bedsides is definitely an issue you want to be prepared for if you go that route and do much off road driving or working.
Well that's odd. Photo didn't work. Lets try again.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts

Apply some PPF and ceramic coating. You should be good for years

·
Registered
26 Posts
That's actually what I'm looking to do next, trying to decide between Xpel , 3M , or the local Ziebart. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
46 Posts
That's actually what I'm looking to do next, trying to decide between Xpel , 3M , or the local Ziebart. Any thoughts?
Xpel all day. They have certified shops/installers and will backup their product anywhere. Check out automotive elegance in PA or MA.

For coating I would do ceramic coating or Opti coat. I did Opti coat my self and it was easy to apply. Washing and cleaning the truck it’s so much easier now lol

·
Registered
89 Posts
Xpel is the only choice IMHO.

Not to mention, they have templates already for all the pieces. They’re precut and never require a knife to touch your paint the way the old school applications were done.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Xpel is the only choice IMHO.

Not to mention, they have templates already for all the pieces. They’re precut and never require a knife to touch your paint the way the old school applications were done.
Yes they are precut but still require minor trimming. #ImXpelTech 🙂

·
Registered
208 Posts
35x13.50 on a 20x10 look great imo..that’s the route I’ll prob go...I’ve always had 37’s but I’m kind over the monster truck look now. Guess I’m just getting old...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts