Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1048 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing as obviously there is a leveled LML thread. Since the body style changed would love to see a separate thread.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Here is mine. Cognito UCA leveling kit, tires and wheels should be in next week.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I'm in on this but I'm curious. I'd love to even mine out but mine stock rides like a DREAM compared to my leveled 2011.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Here is mine. Cognito UCA leveling kit, tires and wheels should be in next week.

I am interested and I have the same truck...different color.

So you used cognito uca's, shock extenders and cognito keys?

You keep the rancho shocks? Does it ride like factory?

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I got the ready lift keys, not sure why, and cranked them. Truck rides like crap now. I'm looking at getting the cognito ucas and spacers. I may try out different shocks later unless someone can offer some insight. I def. miss the stock ride.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I am interested and I have the same truck...different color.

So you used cognito uca's, shock extenders and cognito keys?

You keep the rancho shocks? Does it ride like factory?

Thanks for the info.
Yes I used the cognito uca's, shock extenders and keys. Mine doesn't have the Z71 package so it doesn't have the rancho shocks, and I have mine cranked quite a bit so it is a little stiffer ride but not bad, I actually like it because when I come to a stop the front doesn't feel like its nose diving like it did stock.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
122 Posts
Gotcha. Thx man.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Mine is a Z71 and I left the Rancho shocks on it. Rides like factory. Cognito UCA's and spacers are what allows you to keep the factory ride. Stock keys can be used to level as they do have the ability to lift enough to level. If it was stiffer i would have changed it back. After market tires may make a difference, they made the ride stiffer and a little noiser on my last truck.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I got the ready lift keys, not sure why, and cranked them. Truck rides like crap now. I'm looking at getting the cognito ucas and spacers. I may try out different shocks later unless someone can offer some insight. I def. miss the stock ride.
That is why I am going to level in rear with drop shackles. Not going to mess with the front suspension. Not going to lift, level, or crank torsion bars up front, absolutely love the way the front feels. Going to remove overload spring in rear to help out the rear.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I guess I am going for the "stanced" look with -12 offset wheels

·
Registered
122 Posts
Mine is a Z71 and I left the Rancho shocks on it. Rides like factory. Cognito UCA's and spacers are what allows you to keep the factory ride. Stock keys can be used to level as they do have the ability to lift enough to level. If it was stiffer i would have changed it back. After market tires may make a difference, they made the ride stiffer and a little noiser on my last truck.
Thx bud. So you also used cognito uca's, cognito shock extenders and cognito keys?

·
Registered
152 Posts
That's correct. If the ride was stiffer or noisier after the leveling, I would have removed the modifications. I was not willing to sacrifice ride quality as it is my daily driver and towing vehicle.

·
Registered
41 Posts

Leveled with Ready Lift keys. Ride is not much worse than stock. Well worth it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
That is why I am going to level in rear with drop shackles. Not going to mess with the front suspension. Not going to lift, level, or crank torsion bars up front, absolutely love the way the front feels. Going to remove overload spring in rear to help out the rear.
I looked at mine and noticed the keys were over cranked. The ucas were sitting on the metal stops. I cranked them down an inch and the ride is much better. I still only have 3/4 of an inch gap between them so I'm thinking Cognito ucas should fix that. My rough ride was caused my losing all my drop out when hitting holes. The stock keys will work but you will have the adjustment bolts run in far and have more exposed thread possibly causing them to break although unlikely. I think with the new ucas the ride will be back to stock feel.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Great looking truck! What's the specs on your wheels & tires? Any rubbing?
20x10 -25 offset with 305/55/20 trail grapplers, and they rub a little but not to bad.

1 - 20 of 1048 Posts