Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i Have a 17 l5p 3500 Crew long bed 4x4. Last year around this time I leveled the truck with keys and shock extenders , added 20 x10 -12 off set wheels and 295-55 - 20 tires. Love the stance looks great. I am not new to these trucks and know that leveling these in this manner is a incorrect way to make the front end last . But was curious for those of you that have done this how long are your front end parts lasting before premature ware takes place , on pitman arm , idler arm , ball joints all the usual suspects . Any feed back would be good for all of us thanks.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Depends on how high you cranked them..

Upper ball joint angle and tierod ends are the usual areas.... but both can be addressed with new upper control arm for higher angle and same for the tierod ends... No issues with any other parts...

I went a few years before needing to swap / upgrade mine on my old 13'

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I've went 135k and 150k on two trucks with the front ends leveled and never replaced any parts. I did use aftermarket UCA's on both trucks.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just added the Fabtech 3.5 , comes with UCA’s ,taller knuckles , new keys, and new longer shocks. Rides night and day compared to the other way I had it. Lots of travel now back in suspension. Also did new pitman arm and idler arm as both were already showing wear from leveling kit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts